Well I got on my treadmill like I said I would. I didn't get all the steps in that I wanted to. The most steps that I ever did when I wore my pedometer was 4170 steps. I only did half of that today. I did 2170 steps. I'm glad that I even did anything.
I remember that I was about to eat a plate of my "Usual" dinner, you know, fruit, fat-free cottage cheese, milk, , you know, the good stuff. Then I decided that I should get on my treadmill first instead of eating, just so that I can get my exercise in for the day. I knew that if I ate first then I wouldn't want to do anything but lie down.
I'm so proud of myself for making a healthy choice and actually getting the exercise done, instead of saying that I was going to, and then not following through with what I planned.
Something also that I want to share. Tonight when I was running on my treadmill, I discovered that I can now do the 6 mph setting!!! Woo Hoo!!!! And the best part about that is that I could actually breath while I was running! I didn't feel like I was going to die! LOL When I first started Weight Watchers, I could barely do the 3 mph setting on my treadmill, now I'm doing the 6 mph setting! Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited!
If I feel this good now after losing 20 pounds, what will I feel like when I'm down to my goal weight!?
I have a favorite picture of myself that I look at every once in a while as inspiration for when I get frustrated with this weight-loss thing. I was in the Army at that time and I weighed about 123 pounds. I was a pretty little thing!
Here's the picture that I'm talking about.



I love how I looked back then! But most of all I loved how I felt! I have never felt better then that time in my life. I was in the Army back then. You can imagine how physically strenuous the military can be on your body. It's insane the amount of physical activity that you do in the military. So, no wonder I was able to look like that! But after I got out of the Army, I became a stay-at-home mommy. Being a Mommy is a great job, don't get me wrong, but you can imagine how going from doing physical activity all day, every day, to just sitting at home on your butt all day can add to the waist line!
Anyways, that picture gives me inspiration when I'm feeling not too cute or not too pretty, or not too motivated or whatever.
I'm a work in progress! That's how I look at this thing! A work in progress!
Anyways, have a great day everyone!
Andrea

Comments

Wow, you look really good in that picture!!
Gaylene said…
Hi Andrea!! WOW you are one HOT mama!! I'm so proud of you. 20 pounds is awesome!! Losing weight is the hardest thing for me. I'm suppose to be doing weight watchers and losing weight with some of my family and well I'm not doing so good. I thought I would look to you for inspiration and I got just what I needed!! Thank you! Keep up the good work, you'll get that sexy army body back!!
Keep posting too, I will check back more often!!
The Richardsons said…
You really are AMAZING! Keep up the GREAT work! You inspire me! Seriously! I love ya!!

Popular Posts