A healthy choice

I am proud of myself. This morning after Glen brought the kids to school, I decided that I would get on my treadmill and get some good ole' exercise done for the day.
I could have easily just layed in bed, and vegged out in front of the television, but I made a healthy choice and got some exercise! I think that I will try to do that more often, do my exercise in the mornings, that is. It seems to be better doing it in the mornings because that's when I have the energy to do it. And also I noticed that it's just better to get it done and over with. That way I don't have to worry about it later in the evenings. This is something that I noticed about myself lately. Running is becoming a lot easier to do. I can breath easier, and I don't feel like I'm going to die when I'm exercising. When I was on my treadmill, I was doing the 4 setting. Then I decided to do the 5 setting and to see for how long I could go for. I did about 5 minutes of the 5 setting. I then decided to do the 6 setting on my treadmill. I tried, and realized that I could do the 6 setting for a couple minutes and I was doing pretty good! I then decided to see if I could do the 7 setting on my treadmill. I was a little nervous at first, but I decided to at least try it to see if I could do it. Nope. Not yet. I could only do about 4 strides and then I had to jump off the treadmill and then let it slow down by itself. That setting is just a little too fast for me. One day I will be able to do it, but not yet.

Something that I noticed about myself is that I seem to crave sweets at night, at around 2:00 in the morning. Last night, I got up to use the bathroom, and then I wandered into the kitchen looking for something sweet to eat. I remember standing in the kitchen, and then pausing for just a minute to ask myself if I was actually hungry, or if I just wanted to eat junk food? I realized that I was craving junk food. I did an "about face" and walked right out of the kitchen! (I am SO happy about that choice!) That is what the Weight Watchers community would call a NSV or a Non Scale Victory! And those are the best things to happen (besides losing the weight of course!)

The other day I was visiting the Weight Watchers website reading the message boards. There is a wealth of knowledge there from other people who are struggling with their weight. Some people have lost 100 pounds, others have lost 10 pounds. This is something that someone said that has really helped me to stop and think about what I eat. This person said this "When I'm craving something that's unhealthy, I think about these 2 things: #1 How I will look in a certain clothing item and how I will feel about myself when I reach my goal weight? or #2 How will this food look on my hips when it's turned into fat after I've eaten it?"
That statement has really helped me when I'm having a hard time with these sugar cravings.
Anyways, I'm excited to be able to feel the effects of all my hard work so far. I've still got a long way to go until I get to my goal weight, but I will get there!
Just wait and see!

I think I better get going for now, it's getting late.
Have a good night everyone!

Comments

Can I just say how much I admire you? You are so awesome!! I can't wait to see you at your goal weight!!! Do you get a reward when you hit your goal weight? Like a vacation or something else that is awesome? Maybe that would be even more of a push for you. You are doing so great ...I love ya!
Thanks so much for saying that Christel! That means a lot to me!
Well, as far as a reward goes, just making my goal weight will be reward enough!
Andrea, you are totally rockin'!!! I am so proud of you! You can totally tell you have been working so hard!
Gaylene said…
Hi Andrea,
I love checking your blog. It inspires me!! I really like weight watchers. I have done it in the past and really really need to start back up again. I too would love to be at my goal weight!!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's so fun to see comments!! I'm bad at responding though. I think you had asked where we are moving... well we are going back to Lone Pine, California we were in that area before we moved back here to Texas. Apparently we are going back and forth in a round about way. We are going to Utah for a bit on our way, it will be fun to see the family.
keep up the good work!!

-gaylene

Popular Posts