So I went to the track today after I brought the kids to school, and I went running. I was so tired this morning. It would have been so easy to stay in bed and be lazy, but I'm glad that I made a healthy choice and got my exercise done for the day. That is a NSV for me! YAY! For those of you who are wondering what the heck an "NSV" is, that stands for Non Scale Victory! Woo Hoo!

Here is something that I noticed about myself the other day. When I first started exercising, I used to get these horrible shin splints. That is, I would get these horrible stabbing pains in my shins when I would walk or run. I noticed the other day while I was running at the track that I no longer get those pains any more! I can run and not feel like I need to take a break! I'm so glad about that. If you have never had shin splints before, let me tell you, you're not missing out on anything because they are horrible!

Also, something that I do that is helping me with my weight-loss journey, is that a few women, about 5 or so, get together to have Weight Watcher-type meetings of our own. We talk about things like tips on what helps each of us with our weight loss efforts, and foods that are good and healthy for weight loss.
Anyways, this one lady brought a printout that had a bunch of scriptures on it. I thought that they were a cute way to help me with not only my physical body, but also my spiritual body.

Here are the scriptures:

Isaiah 55:2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby

Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by the bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

1 Corinthians 10: 31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Deuteronomy 8:10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than the honey to my mouth!

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.

Amos 9:13 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.

Luke 12:22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Matthew 26: 26-29 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye of it;
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

1 Corinthians 10: 3-4 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
And did all drink the same spiritual drink; for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Luke 22:19-20 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Mark 14: 22-25 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave it to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the Kingdom of God.




Also, here is a little quote that I like:
"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat, but not too much, above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration. Although in the long run he is guided by his ideal goal, which may be rather high, nevertheless his real goal for the next step is kept realistically close to his present position."
Kurt Lewin, Social Psychologist

So I know that was a lot of scriptures to type on here, and I probably shocked you all by posting something religious on my weight loss blog, but I think that they are all interesting. They are uplifting to me, and so I wanted to share them with you all.


Anyways, sorry this is a very long post. Have a good night everyone!

Comments

How funny! I think it is great that you ladies meet together...everyone needs support in what you are doing. You are all awesome!

Popular Posts