Here I am again.

I didn't think that I'd make another post again tonight but I just felt the need to say more. I was just reading through some of my past posts on my weight loss blog, and I almost wanted to start to cry. I read some older posts and looked at my pictures that I took of myself, and I am still having a hard time believing that the person in that "Before" picture was me before I started Weight Watchers. It's a hard thing to explain. I have been obese for so long, that I guess that my mind is having a hard time adjusting to losing weight. It's like when I look in the mirror, I almost think that I am going to see my rolls again, and my double chin, and all that other stuff that comes along with being obese. But when I look in the mirror, I'm not seeing those things anymore. I see a person who is proud of herself, and sure of herself. I really feel like I've been in a walking coma for years, and I'm slowly coming out of it. I'm re-discovering who I am again. I realized the other day that I actually love to look at myself in mirrors now, and that I actually like to try on clothes to see how I look. I actually look forward to trying on clothes. Things have surely changed since starting Weight Watchers. I remember what it was like to be at my heaviest weight. I was always so sad and depressed about my weight. I would complain about it a lot to my husband. Then I would do nothing about it. I kept eating poorly and not exercising. I had no one to blame but myself for the situation that I was in physically.
I don't know what happened, but when I started Weight Watchers, something just clicked! I finally understood that age-old saying that we've all heard a TRILLION times! "Eat right & exercise, and eat less calories then you burn and you will lose weight". Who knew! That actually works when you work at it! People can lose weight on their own and actually see results! Crazy! That saying actually works when it's applied and worked hard at! I've heard that for years, but now I actually get it. It's like a light bulb has been turned on and I can see. Crazy huh!
Anyways, I just had to put down some thoughts that I had. Thanks for listening everyone.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. We'll see how much weight I lost. As I said in my other posting, I am really close to having lost 30 pounds. I'm excited to see how much closer I will be tomorrow to the BIG 30!
Well, gotta go. Have a good night everyone! Later!

Comments

Andrea, I can totally see how much you have grown and changed in the past 9 months. It is amazing to see the transformation and the person that you have become. I am so proud of you- you are amazing, and I love you so much!!!!

Popular Posts