I just had a great idea

Walking is one of the best workouts that you can do, and that's one of the things that I do often when I don't feel like running. I have lost 30 pounds of the 65 that I want to lose. I thought that it would be interesting to take a back pack, and put 30 pounds of anything in it. That would be a great workout! I don't know why I didn't think about doing that before.
The other day I weighed myself while I was holding Christian, and that was the first time in a long time that I saw the scale read 195 pounds (my heaviest weight when I started Weight Watchers). It's a strange thing to see my starting weight on the scale after losing 30 pounds! This is also something that I thought was interesting. I was sitting on the floor in my home. My baby crawled up to me, so I held him and tried to get up off the floor. Man, that was a nice reminder of what things were like when I was at my heaviest weight. When I weighed 195 pounds, I always had a hard time getting up off the floor. Everything was so much harder to do when I was at that weight, things like tying my shoes, trying to bend over to pick up stuff off the floor (I would sometimes use my toes so I wouldn't have to bend over, isn't' that funny!) It was ridiculous! Now that I've lost 30 pounds, I feel SO much better, and I feel SO much healthier. I am loving the way I feel. Looking better is a bonus!
Today for my workout I think I am going to use one of my kids' backpacks, put 30 pounds in it, and walk on my treadmill for as long as I can. That will be interesting to see how I feel with 30 extra pounds on my body. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Comments

Popular Posts