I just realized something,

my BMI is no longer in the obese category but now it's in the overweight category! I can't believe it! I have been considered obese for years, it's strange to be in a more normal category. I remember years ago, back in 2002, I went to see my doctor about getting some weight loss pills. (A VERY unhealthy way to lose weight by the way). I remember him sitting me down, and rambling about the side effects of those pills, and all this other stuff. The one word that really stood out to me at the time is when he said the word "OBESE". I remember thinking "Is he talking about me?! I'm not obese?!" I had lost track of my weight, and I didn't watch what I ate at all. I had gained SO much weight after I had my first child. I didn't realize how bad a shape I was truly in until I heard the word OBESE and my name in a sentence together! What a realization! Or more like a slap in the face, and I needed it too!
I wish SO much that I would have known about the Weight Watchers program years ago instead of trying to lose weight with pills.
So anyways, I took the pills that I went to this doctor for, and guess what? I didn't lose anything, although I had a TON of side effects! That part sucked!

So, if Weight Watchers listed their side-effects, it would go something like this:

"WARNING! YOU MAY EXPERIENCE THE FOLLOWING WHEN DOING THE WEIGHT WATCHERS PROGRAM! YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WEIGHT LOSS, LOSS OF INCHES, A HEALTHIER LIFE STYLE, A MORE POSITIVE OUT LOOK ON LIFE, A GREAT ATTITUDE TOWARDS FOOD, AND BEST OF ALL SELF-ESTEEM."

I like those side-effects MUCH better then the side-effects of any drug out there! I love Weight Watchers! It's AWESOME!!!!

Comments

Perry H. said…
Very well put!!! I needed to hear that...I'm just into the "obese" range and that bothers me to no end! You are doing and looking great, so keep it up!
Rebecca said…
Hey there, looks like I am trying to lose around the same as you! You are already half way there! Congrats! That is awesome.
Big Girl said…
I loved when I moved to being overwieght from obese... it's that a great feeling? Who would have thunk that being overweight could be a good thing? =)
Mom of Two Boys said…
Wicked! I'm with you all the way on this Weight Watchers thing. It rocks!

Keep up the great work :)
CJ said…
Love, love, love your site! You are doing great!! Glad to have another weight watcher to follow! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Popular Posts