This morning I did my

usually routine. I went running after I took my kids to school. I am proud of myself for getting some exercise done this morning even though I didn't feel particularly that great. I am determined to get some exercise done no matter how I feel though. Plus I really don't want to get out of the habit of exercising. It's too easy to be lazy, and that scares me. This morning while I was running, I thought about how proud I am of myself that I have lost a little more then 30 pounds so far. It has taken a lot of hard work to lose that 30 pounds. I am determined to NOT be like some people that I hear about that lose their weight just to gain it all back again plus more! I will NEVER go back to weighing 195 pounds, ever. I have come too far to just give in and gain all that weight back! Plus, I love the way I feel. I love that I am able to run, and that I'm able to do a lot of other things. I not only feel healthier, but I also feel happier. Don't get me wrong, my family life has always been wonderful, but when I was at my heaviest weight, I was so depressed about how I looked and how I felt. There have been life circumstances that caused me to become depressed and then I would eat my problems away. (By the way, doing that NEVER helps to accomplish anything but make your butt bigger! You can never solve problems by eating your feelings.) I hated the way I looked. But ya know what? I would never do anything about it. I would just sit on my butt, get no exercise whatsoever, (unless you call using the remote control or the key board of a computer exercise! LOL) I would eat a lot of junk food. I had no one to blame but myself for the shape that I was in. Now my life is exactly the opposite of what it was like 10 months ago and I'm very proud of that! When I blog about my progress that I have made no matter how small a progress, it helps me tremendously. I can only hope that I am helping someone else. If I can lose this weight, then anyone can! I'm SO grateful for the Weight Watchers program! It makes me kind of sad to think about what I would be like now had I not started this difficult, sometimes frustrating, but oh-so-worth-it journey! If I ever have a weight problem again, I will know exactly where to go, and that is Weight Watchers! It is an awesome program!
Something that really bugged me yesterday when I was watching TV was when a commercial came on about these weight loss pills. (I won't say what brand of pills because I refuse to promote their product.) The people on the commercial say "I lost 30 pounds in 2 months with so and so pills!" I am SO SICK of hearing about weight loss pills! Why can't people just do the dang work it takes to get healthy and lose the dang fat?!?! I think people just want to lose weight the easy way, and not have to exercise to lose the fat. Just the other day when I was reading the Weight Watchers message boards, someone asked the question of whether they should exercise to lose the weight. That's a crazy question if you ask me. For one thing, if you don't exercise, and you eat right, a person might lose weight, but they will just be thinner, and not have any muscle tone. I for one think exercise is an important part of losing weight, or just part of a healthy regimen of ones' life. I love what I am seeing in my own body. Exercise has made me feel stronger, My shoulders are becoming more defined. Just yesterday I noticed that my leg muscles are looking awesome! Since I have lost 5 1/2 inches off of each of my thighs, I can actually see more muscle definition now and I love that!
Oh my, I better stop now before this blog post becomes a book! I didn't realize I had so much to say! LOL
Well, I better get going for now. Have a good morning everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts