Today I went

running at the track for a change instead of running on my treadmill. I love my treadmill but I still love to exercise outside every once in a while. I love to run. I never thought that I'd say that, but I do! I feel so much stronger then how I was when I started out.
So, as I was saying, I went to the track to go running. On my way there it started raining. It wasn't that bad at first, but then it progressively got heavier and heavier! I thought to myself "Am I absolutely nuts?!" I think I am! There have been so many times that I've actually asked myself that question! But then I realize that I need to do my exercise, regardless of the weather. Plus it rains so much here on the coast that if I worried about the weather every time I wanted to go to the track then I'd never go running! It rains almost every day here! I have to say this though. Running in the rain is actually better then when it's sunny outside. The rain helps to cool your face and body off while you're running or walking. I'm not sure how many people actually want to go running in the rain though, but I'll tell you all this. When you're motivated to lose weight, you'll do whatever it takes! That includes running in the rain! (Can you all tell that I'm motivated?!?!)
This is what I did today at the track. I stretched my legs a little bit at first before I ran, then I ran 5 laps straight around the track without stopping . I stretched my legs again, then I walked at a fast pace for another lap. I stretched my legs again after that lap, then I ran another lap. Stretched again, walked, stretched, ran, then a final cool down stretch. Then I did some crunches, and some push ups. So far I can do 10 push ups in a row and I'm proud of that. I haven't really tested myself to see how many I can do though. I should do that one day to just see how many I can do, it would be interesting to see.
Anyways, running can be a little boring when you don't have anything to keep your mind busy. I've found that chewing gum helps to keep my mind busy. I still want to get an mp3 player or something so that I can listen to music while I'm working out.
I better go for now. I'm rambling on and on. Have a good night everyone! Later!

Comments

Popular Posts