Today was..............

yep! You guessed it! Another regular day. Nothing exciting. I'm wondering something. Does anyone out there feel like they just don't do a good enough job no matter what you do? Sometimes that's how I feel. It's not even anyone else making me feel that way, it's just me. I just feel that no matter what I do, it's not good enough. It doesn't matter if I'm just doing the dishes, or taking out the garbage (on the days that I do remember to take it out). It's me, my inner voice telling me I'm not good enough. I don't know how to make that inner voice stop saying those things. Maybe it's from the years of being overweight and having low self esteem that contributed to that, I don't know. I'm sure I'm not the only mom/wife/whatever that feels that way. Today has just been a crappy day, and I feel depressed. I know this isn't like my regular blog postings. Usually I try to be happy, and uplifting, but tonight is another story. Maybe I should visit some other uplifting blogs to help myself to get rid of this crappy feeling. Maybe that will help.
Anyways, today I didn't do my regular exercise routine in the mornings that I always do. I sort of took a break because I did so much walking yesterday. I did 50 minutes of walking in the morning, then around noon I did 90 minutes of walking. I know what you're all saying. You're saying "Wow! That girl likes to walk!" And you'd be correct to say that. I was sitting around the house yesterday watching TV. Then I thought that instead of just sitting there that I should go out and just walk/run for a while before I had to pick up my daughter from school. So off I went.
I ran for a while, and I worked up a pretty good sweat, but then my knee started to hurt and then I had to slow down to a walk. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't run like I wanted to, but I try to be positive and just try to keep moving. Anything is better then nothing. Right? I think so.
Well as I was saying, this morning I didn't go walking/running. But this evening I did get out my weights and did some weight bearing stuff for about 16 minutes. It was a good workout. I worked up a sweat. I have these ankle weights that I used. And I also have these hand weights that I used as well. The ankle weights are 10 pounds each, and the hand weights are 8 pounds each. They don't seem that heavy, but I got a pretty good workout with them. I did 50 jumping jacks, and I did some squats, some push ups, and a whole bunch of other things. I just try to get my heart rate up so that I sweat. It was a short but sweet workout.
Oh boy, I think I'm starting to ramble on and on.
I hope that this depression goes away. I hate feeling like this. It sucks.
Better get going for now. Have a good night everyone. later.

Comments

Perry H. said…
Andrea, we ARE our own worst critics. I read a great quote once that said if OTHER people said to US what WE say to ourselves, we would have no other choice but to kill THEM...lol.
I think you have to try and let these feelings have their (short) time to reign....so that they can leave. I was telling my DD just last night that people HAVE to feel through their feelings, whether they be good OR bad. In the process, we change. We learn, and we grow. You sound perfectly normal, you are one with us on the journey. Today the sun will come up, and I hope for you that it is time for happier thoughts. Less Perfectionism, which rules much of MY life...it always tries to convince me I'm not enough....drop the "ww" out of my blog url and read my recent entry about that....and remember something I told Karen (*Fitcetera*)....this is "My Pace, My Race"....and remember it is! You are doing supurbly...and I think you're very self-aware. Stick in this battle with us, we all need you too!!

Popular Posts