All these inches

sure are adding up! Since last Monday, I lost an additional 1/4 of an inch off of my Chest; 1/4 of an an off of my Waist; and 1/4 of an inch off of my Hips! So that brings my total inches lost to 41 1/4 inches of ugly fat that I lost off of my body, so far that is! And the kicker? I plan to lose even more! My goal is to have lost my height in inches! I can't believe sometimes that I've lost the inches that I have lost, but I have and I'm very proud of myself for it. My weight, on the other hand, is very frustrating. I gained 2.4 pounds since last Monday. I think I realized why I gained so much. This is gonna be too much information for some of you out there, but here goes. Mother Nature has come by and dropped off her monthly gift to me (Aren't I lucky!) and so I'm thinking that that's the reason why I gained. It could be that I am retaining water? I'm not sure, but I have noticed a pattern that when it's that time of the month, the scale seems to read a little more, and then after wards it drops back down to what it was, or sometimes the number goes down even lower. So, as frustrating as my body is at times, I'll just have to roll with things as I go, and I'll just keep pluggin' along. Period or no period, this dang fat is gonna leave, and even though I'm not seeing the numbers on the scale go down right now, I am seeing my inches going down, which is very motivating.
Something I realized the other day also. I realized that I had a bunch of old bras in my closet that I had bought about 5 years ago that I had put way in the back of my closet because "the girls" were just WAY TOO BIG for the bras to fit properly. Those bras are still in really good shape, they're 'like new' because I hardly wore them. Anyways, I tried on those bras the other day and realized that now they actually fit the way they are supposed to fit! YAY! And I'm very happy to not have that UNI-BOOB, or QUADRO-BOOB thing goin' on anymore! LOL (It's never a flattering thing to have 1 gigantic boob! Or even worse 4 little boobs because your bra is WAY too tight!) LOL It's a great thing to be able to have a proper silhouette now, and my clothes fit the way they're supposed to! And another thing that I noticed lately, I think I already posted about this a while ago, is that my stretch pants are CONSTANTLY loose and are falling down, especially when I'm running! (Not a bad problem to have, just annoying.) I never thought that I would have that problem. These same stretch pants that I'm talking about, I've had them for quite a while, I had since I was at my heaviest weight. And you can imagine that from my being at the size that I was, the inside seem of those pants are starting to get holes. That was from my big ole thighs rubbing together when I would walk. That is a problem that I no longer have, thank goodness. My thighs aren't to the point of where I want them to be just yet, it's still a work in progress. Sometimes I find myself looking at my body and thinking "Hmmm..... I hate that I have that little bit of fat in my upper thighs" or "My lower belly is still fat", but then I try to realize that I have made some great progress so far, and that I have lost a little more then half the total weight that I want to lose, but that I will eventually get there. Weight loss takes time. I didn't gain the weight over night, so I have to give it time to come off. It's just so dang frustrating though. It's hard to be patient, isn't it?! I just want to get to my goal weight and be done! But I know that this needs to be a life style and not just a diet or I will just regain all the weight that I've lost, or more. And I certainly don't want to go back to where I started, ever! I will not sacrifice my happiness and my health. I love that I am living life, and not just existing in it watching it pass me by. This life is too short, and I intend to make the most of it!

Comments

Doug said…
Sooo glad I'm a guy!!

Congrats on all the inches and pounds gone the way of the dodo or slide rule! (I'm a little out of it right now)

That's probably a good way to see your progress. I don't know if I have the patience to measure myself though..

PS - I had to hack to be able to post this comment. Something isn't wrong with how it's set up on your blog.

For this post, use this address:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5873608274329683956&postID=6002011079216653447&isPopup=true
JC said…
It is a lifestyle change. You have to learn to live in a healthy manner for the long term. If you are only in it for the short term the results you get won't last. Sad, but true.

Hang in there! You are doing great!

P.S. Thank goodness somebody knows how to hack. The comments are not working otherwise. :)
I'm not sure what you both are talking about as far as having to hack to be able to post a comment? Someone explain please?
David Showers said…
I understand about loosing inches. I bought some new jeans when I lost weight and it was sad when they stopped fitting.

Now that I am back on track they fit me. Tight, but they fit.

Popular Posts