Disappointed with myself!

Tonight I took the kids to this scout celebration at my church, and there was ALOT of food there. 2 HUGE tables worth. It's really strange, but as soon as I saw all that food, the idea of "Healthy eating and watching what I eat" went out the window and I just went to town! OH MY GOODNESS! That food was SO GOOD! I ate cake, pizza, spaghetti, rice with a meat sauce, 3 slices of Italian bread, chili mac, and probably other stuff. I ate SO much food that I puked. I think I puked it all out so maybe I shouldn't even record it in my food journal? Maybe I should and then make a note that I threw up? Not sure what I should do, but I do know what I should NOT do next time I am in that situation. I will not go HOG WILD when I eat, but I will take my time eating and then know when I've had enough to eat. That way I won't over-eat and feel sick again. I am sure I'm not the only one that has done this, but that still doesn't make me feel better.
I should stop being so dramatic, and just remember that tomorrow is a new day and I will just start over again. Just because I messed up tonight doesn't meant that I can just stop eating healthy and exercising right?! So, tomorrow is a new day, and I will be better. I am planning to go and exercise extra hard tomorrow so that I can try to work off the damage that I did tonight. And I'll make sure I drink my water too!

Comments

anastasia said…
your body obviously objected to all the food if you threw up. if it was me, i'd write it down anyway. i mean, don't count the day as a failure just write down what you ate and how it made you feel. more as a reminder of it than anything. don't beat yourself up. today is a new day
Roder said…
Oh wow - let's not start a career in bulimia here! ;)

Seriously, it's probably good that your body rid itself of what you were putting into it, but I think you already know the answer - dial it down next time.

You're doing wonderfully!
Unknown said…
I totally related to your binge and puke incident. Im not proud. lol I had a friend over and we really wanted to do a fondu night. I even had my Mom's original fondu pot, we were cool! lol She brought TONS of yummy food, I had all of the veggies ready but I was not prepared for all of the food she brought. I ate so much. I pigged out. Then after the chocolate fondu ( yes we even made a dessert feast too!) I was green. I threw up all night. I did track, used up all of my weeklies too! That "party" was on a Friday night. My WI was the following Tuesday. I actually lost weight that week...I think it was over 2 pounds. lol

I feel like a weight was just lifted off of my shoulders. Wow the power of confession! HAHA

So I think you will be OK. I hope my sharing helped. lol

:) tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com

Popular Posts