Eat your Veggies!!!!

I'm sitting here in front of my computer eating my dinner. This is what I ate for dinner:
  • 2 cups steamed Broccoli
  • 7 Vlasic Baby Dill pickles
  • 1/2 small Green Pepper, cooked until soft crisp
  • 10 Baby carrots
  • 5 cooked Egg Whites
  • 4 pieces of Iceberg Lettuce
  • 2 slices Turkey Breast Luncheon meat
  • 14 oz. Caffeine free Diet Pepsi

And for my Midday lunch I ate:

  • 1 cup Velveeta Shells & Cheese
  • 20 oz. caffeine free Diet Pepsi
  • 1/2 slice of Chocolate Cake w/ icing

I think I did pretty good with what I ate today. Oh, and you all might want to know why I ate that Oh-so-yummy Chocolate cake? Well, today is my 31st Birthday, so my husband and kids and I had some cake. It was SO good! And I have to say that I'm proud of myself that I only had 1/2 a slice. It's pretty tempting to see that yummy cake sitting out on the counter, and I have to admit that I did take a small taste of it while I was making dinner for my kids, but that's all the cake I ate today. It was just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth! By the way, why in the world do people blame their tooth when they cave something sweet? Maybe I should blame my sweet tooth because my booty was SO big?! LOL It was my tooth's fault, not mine! LOL There's one comedian that I think is HYSTERICAL and his name is Jim Gaffigan. He is SO funny! He's got this stand-up show that he did on HBO called "Beyond the Pale". I suggest that everyone watch it, you will laugh your butt off! Seriously! Anyways, he's got this show that he did on HBO and that was one of his jokes that made me laugh pretty hard. I love his style of telling jokes because he's not nasty and dirty, but then again there are some comedians that I like that are pretty nasty. (I know I have just shocked my family and all I know by typing that, but it's true. Sorry, I'm just telling you the truth about what I like.)

Anyways, I'm sitting here eating my vegetables, and I just realized something. A year ago I would have never eaten a dinner like this. Sure I ate a vegetable every once in a while, but my dinner was never JUST a plate of Vegetables. I remember that I would eat a lot of butter on white bread, never whole wheat bread; Honey; sweets like candy and cookies; and things that are processed and that have little or no nutrition. My life then compared to my life now is SO different. I'm proud of myself for the progress that I have made so far in my weight loss journey, and I am proud of myself for really trying to stick to the program even though it's been tough. I know that it probably won't get any easier the closer I get to my goal weight. Someone told me the other day that the closer you get to goal that the weight is REALLY hard to get off. Has there been anyone that experienced that? Well, if that is true, then I'll just have to stick to my guns and keep workin' things 'till I get to my goal weight. I'm in it to win it baby! I'm a determined woman and nothing is gonna stop me now, especially since I've only got 28.6 more pounds to go 'till I get to my goal. I'm gonna get there, and when I do I will have to do the Happy Dance! LOL I don't know what I'll do, maybe I'll celebrate with a BIG piece of chocolate cake! No, Maybe I'll celebrate by buying some new clothes?! I think I like that last one the most. Maybe I'll do the Happy Dance too just for the heck of it! LOL I love feeling healthy, and I love that I love life more these days! It's an awesome feeling!

Comments

MaryFran said…
Happy day late birthday!
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday! :)

tj
Liz said…
Happy Birthday (belated)! :)

Thanks for the comment. Sounds like you had a great day too :)

Popular Posts