An emotional moment

A while back I posted about this list of goals that I wrote down for myself back in March 12th, 2008. The three goals that I wrote down for myself were:

  1. By 1 year I want to at least have lost 40 pounds
  2. I want to be able to do 20 push ups in a row without stopping
  3. I want to be down to a size 10, at least.
  4. I want to be able to do 20 sit ups in a row without stopping

A while back when I posted about these 4 goals that I set for myself, at the time I had accomplished 2 out of the 4. I am VERY proud to say that I have accomplished 3 out of the 4! I was walking through my house, getting things done, and checking on my kids, and then I just decided that I would do some sit ups because I was curious to know if I could actually do 20 in a row, and I JUST did! After I did the sit ups, I just laid there on the floor and cried. Those tears weren't tears of sadness, but they were tears of happiness because I accomplished something that I never thought that I'd be able to do when I started my weight loss journey. Back then I could barely do 1 sit up, now I am able to do 20, and it feels great to have accomplished that!

Goal #1: NOT YET :( I have almost accomplished my first goal of wanting to lose 40 pounds by my 1 year anniversary. If I lose just 3.6 more pounds then I will have accomplished that goal! I'm SO close, but yet so far away. I will try my hardest to reach that 40-pound mark! And when I do then you can bet that I will be yelling it out for the world to hear!

Goal #2: ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Goal #3: ACCOMPLISHED!!!! I am now able to get into a size 8 pant, but can not yet zip them. Soon I will and I can't wait! But for now I am happy just being able to get into the size 8's!

Goal #4: ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

So, what should my next set of goals be? I would love to hear about what you all think.

I love feedback!

Comments

Perry H. said…
To live in the town that Steve Prefontaine actually ran in would be so cool - how about a goal to run the memorial run in September?? He's one of the few "idols" I'd say I have....

;O)

Congrats on the goals! I should do that too - make some quantifiable, definite goals like those. Thanks for the idea!
Unknown said…
Congrats on those goal met! I bought a pair of shorts last year. They were too small and I put them on the other day to "just see" and they fit. I walked out into the living room and sat down on the floor in front of my boyfriend and cried. lol I need to set more goals for myself and REWARDS!! It really helps you focus along your journey.

:) tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com
Awesome Andrea! I am so proud of you!

Popular Posts