I'm not the only one, right?

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple days, I've been having Internet problems. That caused me to have with drawls from my blog! :( I am SUCH a nerd! I can't help it, I love technology, it's so much fun. Anyways, I feel like I've been having a pretty good week. I've exercised all week, and I've eaten right. I figured that since I've eaten right and exercised all week that it would be okay if I ate some McDonald's. This is what I ate yesterday:
Morning:
  • 1 1/2 McDonald's McSkillet Burrito
  • 1 McDonald Hash brown
  • 28 oz. caffeine free diet Pepsi
  • 1 McDonald's Cinnamon melt

Then for Dinner I ate:

  • 1 foot-long turkey breast subway sandwich on Honey Oat
  • 20 oz. caffeine free diet Pepsi
  • 4 grams Splenda
  • 1 cup grape nuts
  • 10 oz. 1% milk
  • 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
  • 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese

I think I did horrible by what I ate for breakfast, but I didn't feel that bad because I did 40 minutes of Running. I thought I did pretty good, and I thought that since I exercised that I had worked off the extra calories that I ate. I haven't calculated how many POINTS values everything was but I'm sure it was a lot. This morning when I weighed myself, even though it's not my weigh-in day, the scale said I gained a couple pounds?! WHAT THE HECK?!?! I know I'm not the only one that this has happened to?! I feel SO frustrated! I actually cried this morning while I was putting on my shoes, and explaining to my husband that I was having a bad day. Seeing that number on the scale did bother me, but I didn't think it would bother me THAT much. Losing this fat is SUCH hard work. It's like a full time job, and by seeing a GAIN when it's undeserved is VERY frustrating! I want to smash that scale some days! (I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like that too)

Do you all think this could be from all the sodium in the food? Am I not drinking enough water? Sometimes I think I understand this weight loss stuff, and then at other times I just completely am SO confused about it! I'm wondering if I'm not doing enough strength training? Lately all I seem to do I go walking or running. So I think I need to change things up a bit with my exercise. Maybe my body is getting too used to my exercise routine? Not sure, but I would like to know what you all think I could do differently so that I can see more success in the scale.

By the way, on the 16th, which was my weigh in day, I didn't see a loss in the scale, but I did see a loss in my inches. So I think I am seeing some sort of success, but I also really want to see a difference in the scale too. Any suggestions what I should do so that I will see a change in the scale? I've been thinking about joining a gym, that way I have cardio and strength training machines to use while I'm in one place. Plus I think it would be fun to mix things up so that I'm not getting bored with the same ole thing every single day.....

So, I love feed back, what do you all think I should do?

Comments

anastasia said…
have you been to the toilet? cos i find if i eat stuff like that and weigh the next morning i put on til i can go to the toilet and then it drops off. mcdonalds always makes me constipated though (TMI sorry)
Nerd Girl said…
hey i just came across your blog and don't worry! The weight is probably just from the food that you ate. Food can stay with you for up to 3 days!! So wait a few days and weigh yourself again and i can almost guarantee the number will drop!!
Tony said…
I understand how you feel. I have gone through the same shock the day afterward, but take a moment to relax. Keep in mind that gaining 2 pounds means eating 7000 calories over your maintenance. Looking at what you ate, that is clearly not possible. It's most likely just water retention. Generally when you eat some fatty food, you will see a temporary rise in weight for a few days if the food has a lot of sodium.

Popular Posts