My Pre-Birthday!

Today started out as the same ole day that we have every day. My husband went to work at around 1:30, the kids watched tv, and I played on the computer. So, it was around 3:30 or so, I was sitting at the computer with my baby on my lap, and I look up to see my husband looking at us through the window with a BIG smile on his face! What a nice surprise that was let me tell ya! I opened the door to let him in the house. The first words out of my mouth was "Hi Sweetie! What are you doing home?" He looked at me and said that everyone at work had a "lottery-type" drawing for vacation for that one day and he won it! And that's why he got to come home early that day! We decided to take the kids to the park for a while. We brought the kids' bikes with us so they could ride their bikes, and then we went out for a Pre-Birthday dinner at Sizzler! YUMMY!!!!We ate SO many yummy things! I haven't seen the kids each THAT much food in my life! It's strange how much they really can eat when they want to! LOL
I ate SO much food I seriously thought I was gonna explode! That wasn't my plan before we got there though. I really was going to eat salad, and more of the healthy items from the Salad Bar, but as soon as my husband saw the menu and he said something about this Chicken dish, the idea of Salad went STRAIGHT out the window! EVERYTHING on that menu looked SO good, my mouth waters now as I type! LOL My husband ordered this Half Rack of BBQ ribs with French Fries, I ordered the Hibachi Chicken with mashed potatoes, the kids ordered a hamburger with fries, and for a side we had that cheese bread that they have smothered with butter. We had some things from the salad bar also. Then we squeezed in some ice cream sundaes with all the toppings they had! YUM!!!!! I think I may have eaten about 50 POINTS worth for Weight Watchers! LOL Kidding. Luckily I had fruit and cottage cheese for breakfast that morning so I don't think I ruined the day. I haven't done any exercise tonight though so I am thinking that maybe I should do at least something, maybe 20 minutes on the treadmill, I don't know. We'll see. It was SO much fun being together as a family. And since we won't be able to do much tomorrow because mu husband has to work, at least we got to do this tonight as a family. We may still do a little something tomorrow, but then that means that since he has to go to work at 1:30, I won't be able to go to church tomorrow. I think that it'll be okay taking one day off from church for my birthday. I think God will forgive me. :)Yesterday when I went walking I talked to this really nice old lady that walks at the same park that I go to. We talked about the military, weight loss, kids, and age. I had told her that my Birthday was in a few days, that I will be 31 years old and that I felt Old! Her reply made me laugh because it was SO cute! She looked at me with this sincere look on her face and said "Don't worry! Life starts at 80!" We laughed together when she said that. We talked for a few more minutes and then went on our separate ways. I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I will be 31 years old tomorrow! I can not believe it! I seriously feel like I am 18 still, and that my outer body aged, but mentally I am still 18ish. Isn't that weird?! I feel like an old lady! LOL I'm kidding. Even though today isn't my official birthday, I am so glad that we all could go out as a family and have a great time!

Comments

Rebecca said…
Just found your blog today! You and I had similar start weights. Although you are a lot further on than I. Really great job!

Popular Posts