A List of things......

that I do/eat that I wanted to share with you all. I thought this list might help someone else.
  1. When I can't run anymore because my leg or something hurts, or I'm just tired and need to catch my breath, I walk at a fast pace until I can breathe again or until the pain goes away. Then I will run again for as long as I can.
  2. When running on inclines, I walk at a fast pace UP the incline, and then I run when I'm going DOWN the incline. Doing that helps me not to run out of steam and waste all my energy when I'm going up the incline, and when I am going down the incline then the slope helps me to keep running even though I may be having a hard time. I run for a while until I can't run anymore, then I walk at a fast pace for a while. Then I'll run, and I'll switch back and forth like that for my whole workout.
  3. When I am watching TV and a commercial comes one, I get down on the floor and do about 5 push ups. That has helped me to get stronger with my push ups. It gets addicting after a while, and I will do it for fun. Weird, I know. The other day I actually tried doing some hand-stand push ups against the wall, and I would only go 1/4th of the way down, but one day I will be able to go all the way down to the floor! I used to do those all the time when I was in the military, and I loved being able to do that! I want to be like that again!
  4. When I get tired of the workout DVDs that I bought and I need some other exercises to do to spice things up, I watch (and actually do) Fitness TV. There are a lot of different programs on that channel so you'll never get bored. The other day this workout program called "Shimmy" came on the Fitness channel. They do belly dancing. It looked like fun, it was different from the other exercises that are out there. I tried it. I felt really awkward, but I did like it and I could feel the exercise working in my belly and hip areas so I think I will be doing that program again. (I just won't be doing that program when my husband is home from fear of feeling really dumb!) :)
  5. I learned a better more effective way to do push ups. First, you do a regular push up, then when you're in the "up" position, turn side-ways, and put all the weight on your right hand. Make sure your body does NOT sag when in the regular push up position or in the side-ways position. Stay side-ways for a count of 3, then go back to the starting-position and do a push up, and do the same thing on the opposite side. Then do a push up, then so on and so on. Do how ever many you are able to do. This exercise will help to strengthen your biceps, your shoulders, your abs, your obliques, and your back. It's an awesome all-around exercise!
  6. When I do sit ups, I don't go all the way down to the floor because that stresses my lower back too much. Instead I go halfway down, and then I will do as many as I can. Anything is better then nothing.
  7. I have learned that by getting more Fiber in my diet, it helps me to feel fuller for longer and it has really helped me to cut down my eating. I eat Grape nuts (I really like those because they have that crunch that I really like, and they have about 7 grams of Fiber per serving), I eat Fiber One Bran cereal (it looks strange but tastes really good, has that crunch that I like, and has an awesome 14 grams of Fiber per serving), I eat Fiber One Banana Clusters, and Fiber One Cinnamon Clusters (That cereal has about 13 grams of Fiber per serving), there are other Fiber One cereals that I'm sure are really good but I haven't tried them yet but I'm sure those are good as well.
  8. I try to eat a lot of fruit like apples (Gala, and Fuji are my most favorite), bananas, & oranges. I like to eat vegetables such as Green Peppers, Tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, basically any vegetable. There are some vegetables that I haven't tried yet so I think that I need to change that to get a change in my eating patterns.
  9. I really like Sunsweet Ones. They're sweet, and healthy, and it's like having a treat without the guilt. You can have 4 for a POINTS value of 1. LOVE THAT!
  10. I love to eat Fat Free Cottage cheese with dried Cranberries. The dried Cranberries add something sweet to the Cottage Cheese and makes it less boring. (I have to have some sassiness to my food to match my attitude!) :)
  11. I like to eat Baked Potatoes. Here are some health benefits of potatoes that I found on the web. There is too much to type so I copied and pasted the info. (Did I tell you that I LOVE computers?!) Here they are:
    -Potatoes are rich source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, copper, manganese, and dietary fiber.
    -Sweet potatoes are reasonably low in calories and comprise no fat. They are rich source of -beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin A.
    -Potato is the most efficient food for energy production. The energy produced through potato gets stored as glycogen in muscle and liver; it functions as a readily available energy during prolonged, strenuous exercise. That’s why; it is an important part of players’ diet.
    -Potatoes are low in sodium, nearly fat free and easy to digest. They make active part of any diet.
    -Potatoes are beneficial in curing stomach ulcers and inflamed conditions of the colon.
    -Potatoes are also beneficial in hemorrhoid due to their high fiber content.
    -Potatoes might help prevent cancer in glands and organs with epithelial tissue because of their high Vitamin A content.
    -Potatoes make nice food for diabetics because they help to control blood sugar levels.
    -Potatoes help to improve resistance to heart attack and stroke. The potassium content, available in potatoes, helps in maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance in the body cells.
    -Potatoes also help in normal functioning of heart and keeping a check on blood pressure.
  12. Diet soda. I used to drink SO much Mt Dew it was crazy. When I stopped drinking it I got these caffeine headaches that were horrible but after a while they went away. I started to drink Diet Soda of different types, it was strange at first and hard to get used to, but eventually I got used to the taste of Diet Soda and I now prefer it over the regular stuff that has WAY too much sugar! Who needs Regular soda when Diet tastes good too!

These are a few that I could come up with. When I discover more foods/drinks, exercises, then I will post them on here. I hope this list will help someone else out there. I love eating this way. I feel so much better and I don't feel as bloated when I eat healthily. It's amazing and I wish I would have realized this years ago! Heck, I wish I would have known that Weight Watchers was an AWESOME program, I would have lost this dang fat YEARS ago!

Comments

Popular Posts