This morning after a went running,

I had to go to the store to get a few things. I hadn't eaten anything, and I was kind of hungry.
I wait to eat breakfast until after I've exercised every morning. That way I will burn off what ever I eat after my workout. Smart huh! :)

(By the way, don't ever go to the store when you're hungry because you are more likely to buy anything and everything that you see!)

Anyways, I bought some unsalted Almonds, (I heard they are good and also good for you so I bought some. I am surprised how much I like them, so I think I will be buying them more.), I bought some banana's, some fat-free pretzels (maybe not a good idea because of all the sodium but still a better choice then chips I think), and some other things that I needed for the house. Anyways, I came to the chip aisle, and I saw these chips that looked SO good! I stood there for a minute thinking "Mmmmmm........those chips look good, I've exercised today so it would be okay if I bought them and ate some, the kids would love to have these chips.........." Then I bent down to pick up the bag. I really thought about buying those chips, but then I realized that I didn't truly want chips, and I didn't want to eat all those calories that I just burned that morning when I went running, so I put that bag of chips down and walked away! (I'm very proud for that small but still great NSV -Non Scale Victory- this morning!) Why do I even consider giving my kids chips, or some other kind of junk food when I don't eat that stuff myself? Sure, giving your child some candy and junk food every once in a while is one thing, but then it's another thing for me to want to eat healthy food and then just give my kids junk food (along with their healthy dinners that I make them eat, of course!)
Anyways, I'm proud of myself for that small but healthy decision that I made. I could have easily bought those chips, ate them, and then felt guilty afterwards, but I'm glad that I made a healthy choice and didn't get them.

Comments

Big Girl said…
All those small victories really do add up. You are living proof of it. Good job!
CJ said…
Awesome NSV! I can't say that I have done so well this week at all!

Keep up the great work. Passing up chips is a major ordeal for me!!
WWSuzi said…
You made some great choices :)
BVar said…
That is a great NSV!!
Andrea- that is so hard! I am so proud of you!

Popular Posts