Who knew!

I have been wanting to join a gym for a while now, but was hesitant because of the cost. I looked up some of the gyms that are in my little town, I found a good one that I liked and that I could afford, and I joined! Who knew that I would one day want to actually spend money and invest it into my health? A year ago I would have never dreamed about joining a gym. That would been like wasting money. But if I saw a lovely platter of cookies for a great price then that was the first thing that I would buy. I had my priorities a little backwards I think. :)
Today I worked out in the gym for 40 minutes. I could not believe how fast the time went by. I was having a lot of fun doing the different machines. I did a spinning bike, I ran on a treadmill, I did the stair stepper, and a row machine. They were all awesome! I had a lot of fun, and I am excited to go back tomorrow! I went running this morning for about 20 minutes, and I wore myself out, but I also worked out at the gym for 40 minutes and I feel even more tired. I think that maybe I should just work out for 1 hour or so every day. I think that if I do any more then 1 hour then I will wear myself out way too much and I won't be able to be all there for my kids physically. I am excited to go back to the gym tomorrow. It will be a nice change in pace from what I have been doing for the past year. All I did was alot of walking and running. Plus, I won't have to deal with those pesky geese squawking at me and running after me when I go running! LOL Another plus is that it will also be nice to be out of the rain. Getting rained on gets old after a while.
A year ago I was so depressed about my weight, and about how I looked and felt but I would do nothing to change those things. Now I am more proactive about my health and I'm proud of myself for it!

Comments

Awesome Andrea! I wish we had those kind of options in Duchesne!
What an awesome workout! Good for you for investing in your health! You SHOULD feel proud!!!
JC said…
So glad you joined a gym. I did last July and I have really transformed my body. It feels good to go to the gym like I am doing something for myself. An hour a day sounds good. We gotta save some energy for the kids. Right now I am doing about two everyday to get ready for a competition and it is killing me. Mommy is a tired puppy somedays!!!

Enjoy your gym membership. I am hoping there are at least some hot guys to stare at on occasion. I must admit I am guilty of looking! :)
♥ Dee ♥ said…
New and exciting! That's what I love about this journey. There's always something new and exciting around the corner, if you just take the few little steps to look for them.

Popular Posts