All these choices!

So, today I felt like taking some more updated pictures of myself. I think the last time I took pictures was a week ago. I haven't changed that much from a week ago but I thought that I'd take some pictures for the heck of it. It's fun to take my picture these days, plus I feel good about how I look and so, why not take pictures, right? I like to have alot of choice from different pictures that take of myself, so I took a total of 70 pictures. Wow! Did I just type in the number 70?!?! LOL What in the world has happened to me these days? I think I'm making up for all the lost time that I didn't want my picture taken? I took multiple pictures of my face, of all sides of my body, and in 3 different shirts. Why you ask? I say why not! It's fun, and I feel good about how I look. I'm gonna post the different pictures of me in the different shirts. Which shirt do you all think looks better on me?







I like them all, but I think the purple one is my favorite shirt. I realized the other day that I wear way too much black, or grey. I need to start incorporating some color back into my clothes. Plus color makes me feel prettier. I think the reason I wear black all the time is because I want to blend into the crowd and not have anyone notice me. Why do I do that? I don't know. It's the same thing when I go to the gym. I sometimes wear my hat so that I can hide from people and I don't have to look at anyone. Is that strange or what? I would wear my sunglasses but then that would probably make it obvious that I'm trying to avoid looking at people. LOL
So anyways, those shirts are my favorite shirts. The purple one I bought a couple days ago, and I really like it so I bought it in the colors purple, white, and black. White and black are safe colors because they go with everything. That white one that I'm wearing I really like also, but the problem with that shirt now is that it's too big, it's a size 16/18 XL. I had to add a lot of elastic to the back of it to make it fit me better, but then the back doesn't look right because it's gathered too much in the back. I'm gonna have to figure out how to really adjust it with my sewing machine some day when I get the time. Or better yet I will just go buy some new smaller shirts! I like that idea better, don't you?!
That last black button-up shirt I bought a couple days ago also. I really like that shirt. It's a MEDIUM!!! I haven't been able to wear a button-up shirt in a medium size in years! It's great to be able to wear stuff like that again. My boobs were just way too big when I was at my heaviest weight and I could NEVER wear buttons. It wouldn't have looked good anyways with the figure I was at when I weighed 195 pounds. My belly would have been bustin' through and and it would've been a horrible sight! I'm much happier with how I look now. I still think that my chest is still too big, and I would love to lose some more inches in that area, but it's looking a lot better then how it looked when I was at my heaviest.

Today after the kids and I got back from church, I decided to try on these pants that I have that are a size 8. The last time I put them on was about a month ago and they were snug and a little difficult to pull up to my waist but I could still get them all the way up to my waist. Today when I tried them on I noticed that they were a little looser and they were easier to pull up to my waist. How exciting! That means that I'm not only losing pounds, but I'm losing inches. My hips are a problem area so for me to lose any inches there is exciting. I can't yet button the jeans but the gap is getting smaller and smaller! Woo Hoo!

I love inspirational quotes. Here is one that I love and I really wanted to share it with you all.

"Don't Quit"
When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down, And you feel like the biggest failure in town.When you want to give up just because you gave in, and forget all about being healthy and thin. So What! You went over your points a bit, It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.It's learning the skills to get back in your range.It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.You're still gonna make it, just stay in control. To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, If you summon the will to get back in the race.But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip, Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.And learn too late when the damage is done, that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow, but facing each challenge will help you grow.Success is failure turned inside out, the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit, If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit! - Author Unknown


This poem is awesome and gets me motivated all over again when I read it. Some times this weight loss journey has been difficult, but I know that I will never quit. I refuse to give up on myself because the road to my goal weight is bumpy. No one said it was gonna be a piece of cake (No pun intended) to get to my goal. I just need to keep going and eventually I will get there, and so will all of you! Have a great day everyone!

Comments

Unknown said…
nice pics! I love the style of that black shirt that you have, but maybe in a different color. I need to work on adding new colors into my wardrobe as well ( as I sit here in a new GREY shirt!LOL)

:)tj
Mommy Madness said…
You are doing GREAT! I like all 3 shirts, but I agree that it's good to get back into color if it makes you feel better. I like your "small jeans" motivation... I'm going to get out my boxes of clothes from the last time I did W.W. (before baby #3) and start doing that. I'm also going to print out that poem and tape it to my fridge!
MaryFran said…
Hello! I definitely vote for the purple shirt. It accentuates your shape more than the others. And that's good, show off what you are working for! :-)

WOOO hooooo on your size 8 jeans that you will be wearing before you know it!

Popular Posts