A break down

Yesterday after my workout at the gym, I was talking to this really nice lady who works there. I was telling her about my weight and about how close I am to having lost 40 pounds, then I broke down and cried. I don't know what happened but all the frustration just got the best of me and I just started crying. I couldn't help it. The lady was really nice about it though and told me that it was alright, but in a way I feel kind of dumb about it. Why can't I control myself? I think I need to just calm down about being upset about the reading on the scale and judge my success by other things such as the way my clothes are fitting me better, how much stronger I feel, and other things. I am trying not to get frustrated by the scale though but it's pretty hard not to when I've been working out so hard for every day out of the week except one for more then an hour each time. Maybe it could be that I'm not eating enough for how much working out I'm doing? I'll figure it out eventually.

So, yesterday when I was at the gym, I got on my favorite machine the Stair Master. I tried to do level 25 and I was able to do that for only 2 minutes, but that was really fast so I had to slow it down to level 15. I love that machine, I can be on there for about 5 minutes and I'm sweating up a storm. It's crazy, but a really good workout. Today I got on the Stair Master again but only for 5 minutes. I guess I didn't feel like doing the Stair Master today, so I went and did some weight training. I did my legs, my back, and some arm exercises. I did the weights for about 45 minutes. I got a pretty good workout today, I'm really feeling it now. I'm sure that tomorrow it will feel worse. Good thing tomorrow is my rest day.
Well, I'm gonna get going. I rented this movie called "Twilight" and I hear it's supposed to be pretty good. Have a good day everyone! Later!

Comments

Don't worry Andrea! It will all come together for you. You are doing so awesome; maybe your body just needs a bit to readjust to all the exercise you are doing.

Enjoy Twilight! Loved the book:)
Tony said…
Hey Andrea. There is always a possibility that you aren't eating enough for the amount of activity you are doing. Plateaus are tough, and the best way to get through them is to up the amount you are eating to give your metabolism a boost. You are doing wonderful, and your accomplishments are more than just numbers.

Popular Posts