Dang scale!

Now I know that I'm not the only one who is frustrated with the dang scale, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I haven't lost any weight in the scale again this week, but I have lost some more inches. Oh yes, I'm happy about that, very much so. But that dang scale is VERY stubborn! It refuses to let me see that wonderful 155 number! SO FRUSTRATING PEOPLE!!! I just really want to be able to say that I've lost 40 pounds. It has a nice ring to it don't you think? I wonder if this means that my body has hit another horrible plateau or something? Maybe I need to drink more water then I already do? Maybe I need to be doing more cardio then weight training? HELP!!! I don't know what the heck I need to do, but what ever it is, I will do it! I'm one determined woman!
Hmmm, I was thinking about something. Since I have been doing more weight training when I'm at the gym, do you all think it could be that I added more muscle and that's why I haven't seen a loss in the scale? I do sort of understand how weight loss works, but at the same time it's really frustrating for me to be SO CLOSE (about 26.4 pounds) away from my goal weight. It just feels like it's only a small amount of weight that I want to lose and then I'm there at my goal, but when the scale doesn't cooperate then it makes this whole weight loss journey VERY frustrating! When I went to my very first Weight Watchers meeting, the leader there said this and I will never forget it. She said "Weight loss isn't easy. There are Hills and Valleys and Plateaus that happen. You just have to stick with it and keep doing the work to get to your goal! Never give up!" That is always is my head. I will never give up on myself, no matter how long it takes to get to my little goal. Sometimes when I hear about people who have lost a WHOLE LOT of weight, like 100 pounds, or 200 pounds, I think about how insignificant my 38 pound loss is, but then I realize that all that weight that I lost is my own accomplishment, no matter how small a number. Even if it were 10 pounds, that was MY 10 pound loss and I think that every ounce of weight one loses then that person should be dang proud of him or her self! So, when I get down about this weight loss journey of mine, and I want to smash my horrible scale against the wall, I think about how badly I want to make my goal weight. I think about how much I want to be here for my husband and kids in the future. I want to be the healthy mom and woman that I was meant to be! That's my ultimate goal!

Comments

anastasia said…
it will be harder to lose the weight now cos you're not that far from your target. perhaps you need to adjust your exercise AND your food intake? as you weigh less your BMR is less? something work looking up and speaking to a dietician about if you get the chance i think.
Carlos said…
one of the most frustrating thing about WL is that it isn't a straight line progression down. more like a frickin' rollercoaster at times. i'll totally start hating your scale if you want!
Unknown said…
be patient young grasshopper lol :) Your doing great! That scale will reward you soon!

:)tj
Anonymous said…
You and I are exaaaaaactly the same weight!! I've seen that elusive 155 for about ten minutes over the weekend, but then it went away again. I feel like I can't take it seriously until it truly sticks around. It's the # on my drivers license, and for the first time in history I think I might actually end up weighing LESS than what my DL says!! We can do it. SOON. REALLY SOON.
JC said…
Hey Andrea! I started commenting on a post yesterday, but walked away from the computer and never went back. I worked out hard at the gym for six months and didn't really do much cardio. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week I would do an hour of Jazzercise. I DID NOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT! I weighed the same,within 2 to 3 pounds the entire six months. Then I changed my diet. The pounds melted away. Literally. But, it is a hard diet as you know from my blog. Not sure if you want to go that far, but I wouldn't do it as a long term diet. I am actually off my diet because I am going to wait and do the competition next year (if I still want to). But, I will still be hitting the gym, just not as much cardio. I love weight lifting! I like the definition too, but I don't want to get too big. Anyways, I think I am rambling. I may not have answered all your questions, but I would say you could get to your number easiest by changing your diet at this point. Muscle IS heavier than fat. So happy you are starting to see some muscle definition. I know it makes you feel great and proud of yourself, as you should be!
Tony said…
The number of pounds doesn't matter at all. The inches you lose matters a lot more. Remember, you aren't trying to lose just "weight", you are trying to lose fat. Muscle is not only more dense than fat, but also weighs more. You are doing just fine.

Popular Posts