A day off

Today I was originally planning to go to the gym, but then I decided to take a rest day today. I exercise really hard for 6 days out of the week and only give my body 1 day to rest. So I'm thinking that I will try to take 2 days out of the week to rest. It's strange though, I feel like I'm slacking off when I'm taking a day off, but then I know that I need to rest more. Every day when I'm at the gym I am exercising pretty hard and I feel like I really push myself so that I can get a good workout. Then I'm exhausted half way through the day. I'm doing too much I think.
So, as hard as it is, I am gonna be lazy today and take a day off from exercising. If only I could say that about house work....... :)
Have a good day everyone!

Comments

Doug said…
You could try having hard workouts and easy workouts and alternating them, that might help.

Have fun on your day off :)
Hanlie said…
One of the big secrets of this journey is learning to listen to your body. If your body is saying it needs two rest days per week right now, then that's what you have to do... It may change again later.

I also found at one stage that I was overdoing it. And I was cleaning my house on my rest day! So I had to scale back a little...
MeltingLisa said…
I am by NO means an expert on exercise! But everything I have read definitely points to giving your body at leasst one day off, so think of it as the day of "giving back to your body that has worked so hard" :)
Anonymous said…
Enjoy!!! I am beginning to believe in Days Off more and more. I worked out hard on the weekend. On Monday I had a rough-ish workout -I didn't feel "all there." I took off Tuesday. And I today I had a KILLER, blast, last chance workout that I feel incredibly proud of! But I don't think I would have been capable if I hadn't taken the day off yesterday. I am going to go for a mediumish workout tomorrow. I think our bodies do need a break on a regular basis...

Popular Posts