Found out something else about myself today

When I went to the gym I felt like I had more energy today for some reason. I got there a little later then I usually do, and I only had about an hour before I had to pick up my son from school. I decided to hop onto that Modern-Day torture device they call the Stair Master and I did a level 15 intensity! Woo Hoo! I did that for 20 minutes and then I saw those wonderful words "WORK DONE" on that little screen! I feel like I accomplished something, and it was a great feeling! I never knew that I could do that level. I was a little scared to try it, but I'm glad that I gave it a try and found out that I'm stronger then I think I am. What a nice feeling to actually feel strong again. Also, while I was doing the stair master I was looking down at the floor trying to block out the pain I was feeling in my thighs. Holy cow were they burnin' pretty bad! I try to focus on anything I can to block out the pain. Anyways, I was looking at the floor while I'm stair-steppin' away on that crazy machine, and I noticed my thighs. I actually have muscles!!! I haven't been able to physically see my muscles in any part of my body for years, and now I can! I love that I am getting more muscle definition in different parts of my body. It's a great thing to know that when I have melted away these layers of fat that I'll actually have some muscle definition! LOVE IT! Another thing I've been noticing lately about myself is that I have those crazy little bones called CLAVICLES, or in other words the Collar bones! LOVE THAT! I haven't been able to see those for years because I've had this layer of fat that made me look rather squishy. Not a nice way to look if your an adult if you ask me. :) Babies are the only thing that should feel squishy if you ask me. Like my baby for example. My nickname for him is "My little squishy"! I came up with that nickname for him because he just looks squishy, and very cute! I love that he's the squishy one these days and not me! :) Here's a cute picture of him that I took the other day! I had just given him a cheese stick so that's what you see in his little mouth. What a cutie! He gets all that cuteness from me, of course! :)

Oh yeah, I was gonna tell you what I did at the gym. I got a little side tracked about all the talking about squishiness. Sorry! :) I did the stair master, then did the treadmill on an incline of 10 for 30 minutes. Did some weight lifting like pull ups on the pull up machine (not sure what that machine is called but I like it because it makes doing pull ups a whole lot easier to do), I did crunches, and I did oblique crunches. I was there for about 40 minutes. Then it was time to leave because I had to pick up my son from school. I picked up my son from school, then went right back to the gym. Did another 40 minutes, then that was it. I felt pretty tired so it was time to go home. A friend of mine asked me a pretty good question. She jokingly asked me if I was becoming addicted to the gym! I remember thinking (Who? Me? Addicted to the gym? No way!) But ya know what? I think I am becoming addicted to the gym. I really can understand how people get addicted to working out. I find that even on my day's off from exercising, I feel that I need to do something because I'm slacking off. What is wrong with me? I think I'm worrying about that scale too much. Maybe that's why I'm like this? I realized just now that I am actually weighing myself every day just to see what number I'm at. I need to stop doing that, and just weigh myself once a week. I think that would be better. That way I'm not so worried about that dang scale every day. It's difficult to not weigh myself every day because I just want to get to my goal weight. That's all I think about. But I also think about getting stronger and healthier. Awww.......to heck with that dang scale! I should just focus on being the healthier me that I was meant to be!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Twenty minutes at level 15 intensity??! Wow you are a beast!!!!! That is way impressive.
bbubblyb said…
Thanks for your comment on my blog. What a cutie your little boy is. Sounds like we are both thinking the same thing this week, stay off the scale more lol. You're doing great, way to go on the gym workout and the stair master.
Your little squishy is soooooo cute!!!!!

Great job at the gym! I'm with ya on the scale thing. I know you have been having good results, but for me, it's just getting frustrating to keep getting on and see it up, down and every which way!
Carlos said…
great job with the scale and the nsvs collarbones rock the most!

Popular Posts