"The Grass is Greener on the other side"

I think we are all familiar with that saying. I don't care who you are and where you live, this saying applies to all of us. Why is it that what we have isn't that nice, but only the stuff that our neighbor's have is and that it's more desirable to us then what we have. Then when we have that same item that our neighbor has, we are still not happy. Why is that? Why do we not like what we have, but we like some one else's stuff better? That doesn't make any sense at all. When I was at my heaviest weight and I would see someone that weighed 20 pounds lighter then I did, I was envious. Now that I have lost that 20 pounds and then some, I'm still not happy with my weight loss, not completely anyways. I am always thinking that I won't be completely happy until I get to that magic number of having lost 40 pounds. Then when I get there, I probably won't be happy until I get to my goal weight. And on and on and on. Why am I torturing myself?! Why can I not be happy with the progress that I've made in both the 37.6 pounds that I've lost and the 46 inches that I've lost? I've lost a significant amount of weight so far and I still am not happy. Sure, I'm proud of myself for the progress that I've made, and I do feel better about myself and I for sure have more self esteem then I used to. Why is it that I still find myself looking at my body and thinking about how flabby it is, and that it doesn't look that good yet. I need to stop this crazy way of thinking and appreciate how far I've come and the progress that I've made so far. I am just making myself miserable. I've come so far in my weight loss journey. My life is so much different then what it was 1 year ago. I make exercise a priority in my life, even when I'm tired. I make an effort to eat healthier, and I'm more aware of what and how much I'm eating. I have made some big changes in my life, and my kids even notice that I'm eating healthier. They ask me all the time if this or that food is healthy. I really like that because they are more aware of eating healthy foods and that getting exercise is important. They even ask if certain activities are exercise. I'm so happy that they notice all the good things about living healthier. I am grateful that I made the decision 1 year ago to get healthy again and to actually invest in myself. It's one of the best investments that I've made!

Comments

Carlos said…
so true. but remember YOU are someone else's greener grass... you inspire

Popular Posts