I'm proud of myself!

Those are words that I couldn't say about myself for years. When I was at my heaviest weight of 195 pounds, I had no self esteem to talk about. I was depressed, I hated the way I looked, I didn't feel pretty at all, and I just felt like I was going through the motions of life. Not fully living life, just existing in it. These days I am completely different. Isn't it amazing what a person can accomplish in 1 year if you really put your mind to it? One year ago, I was an Obese woman, and I was on an express way to having all kinds of different health problems, too many to name. My BMI was in the OBESE range! 35.7 to be exact! I still have a hard time believing that I was considered OBESE! I am proud to say that I have lowered my BMI to a much healthier number of 28.8! I love that number! Of course I'm not to my goal weight, not yet, but I will get there eventually. I feel like a much different person from who I was 1 year ago. I love that I'm able to run! I can actually run and I'm not in pain and I can actually breathe while I'm running. LOVE that! I love that I have that determination and drive to achieve my goals. I really like that I am beginning to see my muscles again, and that I feel stronger. I can actually see the muscles in my legs instead of just bubbling fat jiggling all over the place! LOL I really am just proud of myself for the progress that I've made this last year. At times it has been frustrating, and I have cried many times in both frustration and because I was in pain from exercising. But it's been SO worth all the effort. I will never go back to what I was. Never. I love feeling and looking healthy and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Today at the gym, I got a really good workout. I got on that DEVIL machine they call the stair master and I did a level 10 intensity (varied) for 20 minutes. I was sweatin' up a storm I tell ya! I love that machine! (I don't know why sometimes, it makes me feel pain faster then any other machine in the gym!) I burned off 230 calories with that machine! At least that's what the screen said. I don't have a heart rate monitor so I don't know how many calories my body really burned off, I know we are all different and burn calories at different rates, but it was nice to see that number on the screen. I am thinking about buying a heart rate monitor so that I can keep my heart rate in my own fat-burning zone to burn fat more effectively. I'm not sure about the cost so I'll just have to see about that. After my the stair master workout I got on the treadmill. I did a speed of 4 mph at an incline of 10% for 30 minutes! That was a really good workout! I sweat even more with that machine! Great workout there too! After that I did an AB workout for about 15 minutes. I was pretty much done after that. I was tired, and had to call it quits for the day. I wasn't exhausted or anything, but I did enough to get a good workout. I have to be careful about how much I work out so that I still have energy to take care of my kids when I get home. After all, I'm still a mommy 24-7, and there are NO breaks with that job. I love being a mom. Sometimes I feel like I'm selfish when I take an hour or so to workout at the gym, but then I realize that it's not selfish to take some time for myself. I feel that I am a better Wife and Mom because I take better care of myself and my kids and husband benefit from it. I have put myself back on the "List" of people to take care of and I think that's a good thing! Here's a quote that I love. It's from a book called "The Best Life" by Bob Greene. I have this quote on my blog but I want to share it again because I think it's an awesome quote.

"Remember, every step you take toward reaching your weight loss goal is really a gift that you give to yourself. When you eat right and exercise, you are taking care of yourself, treating yourself with respect, and acknowledging that you deserve to be healthy and happy."

Comments

Tony said…
Woot! Great feel good post. Loving it.

Popular Posts