My favorite show

is that show "The Biggest Loser". It is SO motivating! I loved tonight's episode. That part where they had to run Half a Marathon was SO awesome and inspiring! It made me want to try to see if I can run that far. I bet if I really tried then I could actually run 13 miles. It would be hard, but SO worth it to see. One thing that I realized while I was watching the show was when Jillian said something about Tara's 1-pound weight gain. She said that she was over working her body and that it's fighting back and not letter her lose any weight. I am really thinking that that's what I might be doing to my body? Why else would I not lose any weight? I'm working out and that's great but I'm probably working out for WAY too long and not resting enough to let my body recover from all the exercise that I do? What do you all think? I could be going into another plateau? (Knock wood that I'm not!) I'm not sure what is going on with me. I'll figure it out. I know that eventually the weight will come off. I just need to stick to this healthy life style and eventually it's bound to come off. It's just a matter of time.

So, tonight I noticed something about my body that seems to be more pronounced as I go through this weight loss journey of mine. I have STRETCH MARKS all over the place! I'm NOT very fond of them either. When I was at my heaviest weight they were stretched out and weren't very noticeable. But ya know what? I will take noticeable stretch marks over fat any day! I guess I could call them my battle scars from both the Battle of the Bulge and from pregnancy. Having 4 kids sure did a number on my body. I don't blame my kids for my being fat though. They didn't force me to eat junk and gain 65 pounds over the course of 9 years! I did that ALL by myself. And that's how I'm gonna lose this dang fat, all by myself. I'm the one who needs to get my booty up and to the gym to get a workout. No one can do that but me. I am the one who chose to over eat for many years, and I'm the one who has to do the work to get healthy again.

Before I go, I want to share a cute picture that I took of my kids the other day.



Aren't they cute! My baby fell asleep by my son while they were sitting on the couch, so I called my other kids to come and snuggle in. They pretended to be sleeping and I got this cute picture of them all! I love this picture! I know that this doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, but this picture is too cute to not share!
You all have a good night! I need to go to bed to get my beauty sleep! Not that it'll do much good, I'm pretty dang near perfection now as it is! KIDDING!!!
Later everyone!

Comments

JC said…
The other day I was going to tell you about some weight training ideas. First, tell me what you do on a normal day regarding weights. Do you work all body parts or just one? It might be better to focus on one or two a day and only do eat body part once a week. Anyway, let me know what you are doing and I will see if I have any advice for you. :)
MaryFran said…
I'm with you....the 1/2 marathon on the show was totally inspiring! Makes me realize that I can push through near anything if I really want it badly enough!
Unknown said…
BL is very inspiring.
Cute pic of your kids!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
:)tj
Anonymous said…
That pic is adoooorable.

I bawled through about half of that show last night, starting with everyone going home to their families. Waterworks!!

Here I've been mulling over "Can I really do a 5k??" and these people are doing a HALF MARATHON? That was really startling. But it made me feel like heck YEAH I can do a 5k. And I better sign up for it, like, TOMORROW.

My trainer makes me take rest days minimum of 2x a week. He beats me up if I don't, and gets all Jillian on me. He said that rest days is when you build muscle and actually lose the fat. Here that? Kick back and read a magazine or something, girl??

My rest day was yesterday. So I'm going to the gym now!!
I think I am right there with you on pushing my body too hard and not resting enough. Perhaps I too need to take Jillian's advice.

Popular Posts