What a workout!

This morning when I did my workout at the gym, I felt really good. I worked out for 1 Hour 40 minutes! I'm SO proud of myself! Now, I'm feeling the effects of my workout! It's not painful or anything, but I can tell that I did an effective workout while I was there. What a workout! I have so much fun at the gym. It's just such a nice change to be able to do a bunch of different things then just walking or running like I used to. I love that I can do both Cardio and Strength Training in one place. I totally do not miss the geese that use to chase me! Sorry guys, those dang geese just intimidate me. There's a lot of things that I could say that are better since I joined a gym. For one thing I'm glad that I don't have to go out in the rain anymore when I workout. Then there's the bathroom issue. It's nice to use a clean bathroom when I need to go instead of a nasty one that I had to use at the park. Then there's all the bird poop that smothered all over the side walks. That used to really get on my nerves. I would have to dodge all these little poop piles that were EVERYWHERE! It was gross. There's just a lot of benefits to joining a gym. It's a lot of fun, and plus I don't have an excuse to not work out. I'm paying for it so I need to get my moneys' worth out of the place.
So, today at the gym I did something that I never have done before. I completed a circuit when I was on the stair master! I did a Level 7 for 20 minutes. I burned 210 calories!!!! Woo Hoo!!! For me the Level 7 setting on the stair master is kind of hard. And to do that for 20 minutes, well, I was SO proud of myself! That wasn't all I did though while I was at the gym. I walked on the treadmill on an incline for 20 minutes, then I did some different strength training things for my legs, my abs, and my arms. I have heard that it's good to alternate Cardio and Strength Training. What do you all think? I've noticed that since I've been working out this way since joining the gym that it's really kicked up my weight loss, and not to forget my inches.
I have realized something since I've really gotten into exercising. It's pretty addictive! I love how exercising makes me feel. And if I miss working out one day then I am upset with myself. For me Sundays are my day off from exercising. It's nice to take a day off but then I feel like I'm slacking because I don't do anything that day. Then again I know it's important to take a day off from exercising.
Here are a couple things that I find odd and I really don't understand. Topic #1: Today while I was working out at the gym, there were people there to get healthy and they were doing such a great job exercising. Then, what happened next baffled me. They went outside for a smoke?! WHAT THE HECK?! I do NOT understand this. It's great that this person will look healthy on the outside, but he's busy getting lung cancer because he had to have his daily cigarette?! Doesn't smoking defeat the reason for working out? I don't smoke, and never have, but I also don't need to smoke to know that it's not a good thing to do. Nothing against smokers, but I just do not understand why a person would take the time to get some good exercise and then go and have a cigarette? Don't get it.
Topic #2: Something else I've noticed while I'm at the gym is that people are just sitting there talking and not working out. Why is that happening? Do these people just WANT to throw away their money on a gym membership? Why do they just sit there and talk and not get their moneys' worth out of that place? I don't get that either. I plan to get the most out of my membership at this gym.
Well, better go for now, I've been on the computer for forever. Have a good night everyone! Later!

Comments

JC said…
I am so proud of you for getting on that stairmaster. It is a sweat machine!!! 20 minutes on 7 is awesome too! You go girl. It is good to alternate cardio and weights. I did that before I started training for this competition. It seems like you are doing lots of good things for your body and best of all you enjoy it. The gym is addictive. I am in withdrawal right now. I haven't been in two days since my little girl has been diagnosed with kidney cancer, but I am going today whenever I get someone to relieve me at the hospital.

Again, I am proud of you and the good choices you are making for yourself!!
Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome that you worked out for 1 and 40 minutes! You are doing a great job!

Popular Posts