Don't you hate when this happens?!

So I was at the gym today, as usual. I was running on the treadmill, and I noticed that I had to constantly pull up my pants! They are getting pretty loose. I hate it when I'm trying to concentrate on running and I have to constantly pull up my pants. It's an annoying problem to have but I love it at the same time because it reminds me of how far I've come in my weight loss journey.
So, right now I'm sitting here eating my lunch. I'm eating Half a head of Cauliflower, steamed; 1 turkey and cheese sandwich, and 14 ounces Hot Chocolate. Everything tastes really good, probably because I haven't eaten in a while. I feel like I want to have something sweet, but then I could probably do without the sugar. I've never really been a cauliflower girl. I mean I would eat it once in a while, but not that often. I bought some cauliflower the other day, and I think that I'm gonna start eating it more often. It's pretty good. I am getting a little bored with what I'm eating though. I think that I need to start exploring other vegetables and things. The other day I saw something called "Ginger Root". What the heck kind of dishes can you make with that and how do you cook it? Would that be considered a starch? Not sure. I'm wondering about something. Since I've been eating a lot of the same kinds of things, I wonder if that has something to do with why my weight loss has stalled? I think it might be from eating too much sodium? I dunno. At times I think that I understand this weight loss thing, and then at other times I'm completely baffled by it. I guess I'll just have to try different things to see what makes me lose the weight, the healthy way of course.
Today I was looking in my food journal, I looked back at mid February's log. I noticed that I had gotten down to 158.6 pounds and since then I have gotten stuck as far as the scale goes. I've lost about 1 1/2 pounds since then, so not a big change in my weight. But this is what intrigued me. I have consistently lost inches since then even though the scale hasn't moved much. Isn't that interesting? I looked at the things I ate and also my activity level and for how long I worked out for. I noticed that I haven't really changed that much now since what I was doing back then as far as my eating and exercise is concerned, and that even though the numbers on the scale haven't moved that much, I have been seeing a constant change in my measurements! EXCITING!!! SO, these were my measurements back on February 16th.

Chest: 41 1/4 inches
Waist: 34 3/4 inches
Hips: 39 inches
Right Thigh: 19 1/4 inches
Left Thigh: 19 1/4 inches
Right Upper Arm: 10 1/4 inches
Left Upper Arm: 10 1/4 inches

Now, my measurements that I took on the 7th of April were:
Chest: 40 inches
Waist: 33 inches
Hips: 37 1/2 inches
Right Thigh: 18 1/2 inches
Left Thigh: 18 1/2 inches
Right Upper Arm: 10 inches
Left Upper Arm: 10 inches

So that means that in about 1 month I have lost the following inches:

Chest: 1 1/4 inches
Waist: 1 3/4 inches
Hips: 1 1/2 inches
Inches off each Thigh: 3/4
Inches off each Upper Arm: 3/4

Even though I lost only about 1 pound in 1 month, I have seen much more of a difference in my measurements. I think I'm gonna re-evaluate things. I think that I am going to stop, (or try to stop), weighing myself every morning. I think I might even stop weighing myself once a week, and only weigh-in every 2 weeks. The scale is pretty deceiving. It can't tell the difference between fat or muscle, it's just sort of blind to what actually is going on in the body. I think what matters more is the measurements of one's body. THAT is the true way to see if fat is being lost. Right? Well, I think I'm right, and that's what counts! Ha Ha Ha! KIDDING! No seriously, I really do think that's the only true way to see if fat is being burned off is by a person's measurements. Also by the way their clothes fit.
I realized some things that have been holding me back from being as successful as I could be. I think it's the things that I've been eating. There's too much sodium. I haven't been drinking my milk at all. I haven't been eating as many vegetables as I should. I could probably be doing better on drinking my water. I haven't been getting in the healthy oils into my daily diet. Also, I realize that my body might be getting used to the exercise that I've been doing. Every day when I go to the gym to workout, I do 20 minutes on the stair stepper machine; 30 minutes on the treadmill, sometimes with the incline and sometimes without; and then I do some different weight bearing exercises for my arms, legs, and abs. I do this every day. Do you all think that maybe I should be alternating things? Like should I do cardio one day, then the next day focus on my arms, then the next day do cardio, then the next day focus on my legs? What do you all think? I'm open to suggestions. Please help! LOL (I sound like I'm clueless don't I?) LOL
Eventually I'll figure this weight loss thing out. Maybe I'm getting a little too worried about my exercise. I think it's good that I'm working out at all. I'm definitely proud of myself for trying to make healthy decision's daily. This is definitely a life style, and I plan to keep making healthy decisions for the rest of my life!

Comments

Unknown said…
LOL @ your pants issue at the gym! Watch out there, you just might lose them! lol

Oh my...do not attempt to just eat that Ginger root as a main dish lol Ive eaten it thinly slices served with sushi (CA ROLLS-NOT RAW FISH eeww!) but I mainly use it as a "spice" in sauces or dishes. I hope I saved you on that new veggie idea. lol :)

Your doing a great job! Keep up the good work SKINNY!

:)tj
Unknown said…
wow andrea.....sounds like you are doing great! keep the motivation!!

Popular Posts