I worked my Booty off!!!

Both literally and figuratively! LOL I did 20 minutes of the Stair Stepper Machine and 25 minutes of the treadmill. I realized that I really gave it all I got because I felt stick during and afterward my workout. The whole time I was on both "Modern-Day torture devices" they call the Stair Stepper and Treadmill, I really wanted to just stop because I was kind of tired to begin with and because it was painful to keep going. I'm proud to say that I didn't stop and that I just kept going. I have to say that I wish there was a way to exercise and lose the fat and NOT sweat! LOL It's so gross to sweat, isn't it?! I don't like it. Something funny happened to me today while I was in the gym. I had just finished my workout and was all gross and sweaty. This older guy who is a regular at the gym that I go to said to me "You look nice today." I thought "What? Does he not see my nasty sweaty body?" What a strange thing to say to someone? Yeah, that's what I thought too! Then again there might be some guy out there who likes a woman with some seat on her?! LOL Anyways, I look at the guy and then I said "If you think I look good now, you should see me when I'm dressed up!" I didn't know what else to say to his remark. I usually think of something really good to say after the fact of something happening. I hate when that happens! LOL It was a strange thing and I just HAD to tell you all about it.
So, today I was thinking about getting on my treadmill to go for a run. Not sure for how long, I guess I'll see how I feel. Or I might tune into the FIT TV Chanel and do a workout that way. Or I could download a workout off the Internet? Is there anyone out there who does that? With technology these days, there are no excuses to not workout. Okay, no GOOD excuses anyways. :)
WARNING!!! All Dr. Phil haters leave now!!! KIDDING!!! So, I have this book called "The Ultimate Weight Solution 7 keys to Weight Loss Freedom" by Dr. Phil McGraw. In the book he outlines different keys to weight loss freedom. They are all things that I have learned to recognize through the Weight Watchers program, and are all really good to get to know. Here are the 7 weight loss keys that he talks about:
Key #1: Right Thinking. Unlock the door to Self-Control.
Key #2: Healing Feelings. Unlock the door to Emotional Control.
Key #3: A No-Fail Environment. Unlock the door to External Control.
Key #4: Mastery Over Food and Impulse Eating.
Key #5: High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition. Unlock the door to Food Control.
Key #6: Intentional Exercise. Unlock the door to Body Control.
Key #7: Your Circle of Support. Unlock the door to Social Control.
The 1st key says "Right Thinking and about Self Control". That is a VERY important key I must say. Before I started the Weight Watchers program, I had very little self control. For some crazy reason I ate whatever I wanted and some how I thought that it wouldn't do anything to my body, that I wouldn't gain an ounce. I was an Unconscious eater I would say. I don't know why I ate that way, I'm just glad that I don't do that anymore. I'm SO much more aware of the things that I eat these days, maybe a little too aware sometimes, but I think that's a good thing, don't you?
The 2nd key says "Healing Feelings. Unlock the doors to Emotional Control". This was a big one for me. I can say that these days I am more in control of what I eat and why I'm eating it. It's still sometimes a struggle, but the majority of the time I feel that I'm doing a lot better then I used to be.

The 3rd key says " A No-Fail Environment. Unlock the door to External Control". This is a VERY important. A person is more likely to succeed at weight loss if you only have healthy stuff to eat in your house.

The 4th key says "Mastery over Food and Impulse Eating". This is one that I used to have a problem with. If there was a box of donuts in front of me, I would just grab one and eat it, and not even think about it. Now I actually take the time to think about what I'm putting into my mouth. Even if I do eat something that's junk, then I either allot for it in my Daily Points, or I do some extra exercise to burn it off.

The 5th key says "High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition. Unlock the door to Food Control". Eating Nutritious food is more important to our bodies then eating stuff that has little or no nutrition in it.

The 6th key says "Intentional Exercise. Unlock the door to Body Control". Make the time to get some sort of exercise done each day. Be creative, there are ways to get in some kind of exercise throughout your day. No excuses people!

The 7th key says "Your Circle of Support. Unlock the door to Social Control". First of all, I can't say enough about my circle of support, from my friends and family, to everyone that leaves such great comments on my blog. Thank you SO much for your support. It helps me every day! I think that support is VERY important. Plus it keeps you accountable in the weight loss journey. If you don't have a support group, then get one! It's awesome!

This posting has taken almost 4 hours to complete. I will start a sentence then have to get up to do something like, Oh yeah, feed my kids! LOL Kidding! I feed 'em, I don't get all the way sucked into the blogging world. Then there's the homework that I have to help my daughter with, then my baby needs me, then I had to yell at my kids some more. Why you ask? Cuz that's my job as a mom! LOL Anyways, I never did do that workout that I was planning to do. Oh well. I don't feel too bad because I worked out pretty hard this morning.

Well, better get going for now y'all. It's getting late. I need my beauty rest! Can't say it'll do much good though, I'm pretty much near perfect as I am gonna get! :) Kidding.......

Have a good night everyone! Later!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great post!
JC said…
I haven't been on either device in so long. I do remember the sweat. Nice to see you are getting compliments. I think your response was perfect. Keep up the good work. :)

Jennifer

Popular Posts