Kirstie Alley, then and now

Then....


Now...



The Oprah show yesterday was really good. One of the guests was Kirstie Alley. At one time she was the spokes person for Jenny Craig and had lost 75 pounds, then over the course of about 1 1/2 years she gained it all back plus 10 additional pounds. I couldn't believe it. How does a person do all the hard work of eating right and exercising, and lose all that weight, just to gain it all back again? I don't get that. Here's something that Kirstie said when she was on the Oprah show yesterday.


"It's sort of nutty, but I think I can do it. And if I do it, then that really is an inspiration".


That word "IF" bothered me a lot. In fact, it bothered me so much that I felt sad for Kirstie, and I cried. The tears were somewhat for her because I was sad for her that she gained all that weight back that she worked so hard to lose. Those tears were also for me because I was so proud of myself that I have come so far in my own weight loss journey. I believe that if a person wants to lose weight and become healthy bad enough, then the word "IF" doesn't exist. There is no "IF". The best word to use is "WHEN". I really believe that the word "IF" means that a person doesn't believe in him or her self that they can accomplish a goal that they set out for. That is why I don't use the word "IF" when I talk about reaching MY goal weight. I refuse to fail at this weight loss thing. I WILL get better, it's just going to take time for me to get there, my will is strong, and nothing can break it! This is a quote that I love that has stuck with me.
"If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!"
I love that quote and I believe that it is very true! We all just need to find it within ourselves to accomplish our goals, whatever that particular goal may be, and we WILL be able to accomplish those goals.

Comments

I couldn't agree with you more!! I saw that show and it was sad and a little hard to watch!
I saw the show and felt sad, too. I felt scared, too. I know I never want to go back to being 70 lbs. heavier. I realize that the work is ongoing. It's not just the food, it's also necessary to work on the emotional side and develop a different mindset for dealing with things in life. I realize I have to keep on figuring out ways to deal with life instead of using food as my crutch. I think that is the key to long-term success.
Don't feel too bad for her, she was plugging her own weight loss stuff. She'll get skininy again....Don't worry about her! cha ching
Unknown said…
yeah well she was getting PAID to lose weight. She wasnt doing it for HERSELF obviously. Speaking from experience it is VERY easy to lose weight and then pack on the pounds again. When you decided to change your life, that is when you will succeed. I am not on a diet...I decided to change my life.

:)tj

Popular Posts