A lazy day

I had all the intentions of working out today. I actually went to a local park with my baby in the stroller to go for a walk. I walked for about 15 minutes, and that was it. It was long enough for my baby to fall asleep in his car seat, the cute little thing that he is! He has always liked the walks that we would go on together, that is before I joined the gym. I think I need to start walking outside again. It's great to be going to a gym for a workout, but the outdoors are so nice too. Anyways, I just felt kind of tired this morning so I went home. I am not sure if I will get on my treadmill tonight and do a little run or what. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll just be lazy for the day and do nothing. We'll see.
You all probably saw that I had a link on the top of my blog for SparkPeople.com. I joined that website because I thought it might be fun. I thought that I would use that website a lot more but I realized today that I actually don't do much on it at all. I got rid of my account with them. I'm sure it's a fun website, but it's not for me. Plus I realized the other day that I have so many accounts with so many websites, it's just plane ridiculous. I need to just get rid of some of them. I'm becoming a nerd because I'm on the computer so much! LOL
I was reading today, and I found a bunch of inspirational quotes that I like and I wanted to share them with you all. Here they are:
  1. The longest journey is the journey inwards of him who has chosen his destiny, who has started upon his quest for the source of his being.
  2. Things do not change, we change!
  3. Let love, life, and hope be the motivating forces in your thoughts and acts day by day.
  4. Learning to love yourself - it is the greatest love of all.
  5. Many of us become out own worst enemies by holding unrealistic or unduly negative visions of our physical selves.
  6. God has not condemned me. No more do I.
  7. You cannot want it or do it for someone else. That person must find the will within him or herself to do the work and attain more from themselves.
  8. Discipline is the bridge between goals and achievements.
  9. The only place you will find Success before Work is in the dictionary.
  10. The world is wide. I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into Momentum!
  11. Every so often it's best to experience yourself as you truly are. Don't worry so much about what others are thinking about you. Be your AUTHENTIC SELF!
  12. The greater the obstacle, the greater the glory in overcoming it!
  13. Character is the ability to follow through on a project after the mood has passed.

I loved those and just had to share them with you all. I'm not sure which one I like the most, I think they are all equally great. #12 is one that stood out to me for some reason. It reminded me of one of my goals that I would love to accomplish. That specific goal is that I want to run a half marathon. I don't know if I'll ever be able to run that far, but I'll never know until I attempt it. And think about how exciting it will be when, and I DO mean WHEN I accomplish that goal?! That will be AWESOME!!! What's more important though, is that I actually believe that I can do it. I would've never believed that I could accomplish such a goal when I was at my heaviest weight. That's the difference in who I was when I was obese and who I am today at a healthier weight. I've got a lot more self esteem these days, and I believe more in myself. I love that, don't you?!

Comments

Carlos said…
great post but you totally bit #4 from Whitney(i'm not a crackhead) Houston!

Popular Posts