My Progress so far pics.....

I took a couple more pictures today because I want to document my progress along my weight loss journey. I am shocked every time I look at my Before picture of how heavy I was. I simply can't believe it!











This is probably gonna sound strange to some people, then again it might not. Someone out there might identify with what I'm gonna say. When I was at my heaviest weight, I didn't "feel" like I was an Obese woman. I mean, I knew that I was over weight, but I didn't fully realize how unhappy and over weight I really was. It was like I was in denial about my weight. Then one day when my husband and I went on vacation to see the family, I realized just how unhappy I really was with myself. It was time to change. I found it in myself to start doing the work that I needed to do to get healthy again. After all, no one could do the work but me. I gained the weight by myself, so therefore I was the one who needed to do the work to lose it. The work isn't easy, but it sure is worth it. I will never go back to what I was. I remember what it was like to be that heavy. I could barely get up off the floor to a standing position without breathing hard. That very first day that I went to do some real exercise and I walked around a track only one time, I could barely do that. My legs hurt so bad that I had to hobble back to my car. I cried when I got home because my legs hurt so bad. There are so many things that I had a hard time doing physically. But this is the thing. I kept going. I kept trying to do whatever I could do to get some exercise done. It didn't matter that I could only do 2 push ups, but I just kept doing them. And ya know what? The darndest thing happened. I got better! It was exciting! I kept eating right. That was, and still is difficult to do. But ya know what? I kept going. Week after week I would see a loss in the scale and in my inches, and that all added up. I'm proud of what all my hard work has gotten me so far. I really am proud of myself. It's alot of hard work. I still have some weight to lose. But even though I've still got a distance between me and my goal, I'm still gonna do the work that I need to do to get to the weight that I want to be at. More importantly though, is that I want to get to my goal of being healthy and having a better self esteem. I'm more then half way there but I know that if I continue to do the work necessary then I WILL reach my goals! Nothing can stop me!

Comments

WWSuzi said…
You are looking soooo awesome!! You are a definite inspiration :) And your right there is nothing that can stop you!
Unknown said…
You look great! :)
Anonymous said…
I can totally relate! I knew I had gained weight but I had no idea how much or how bad it was. Heck, I still had an image in my head of a healthy, athletic looking woman! It wasn't until after I lost weight that I realized how unhappy I had been. How easily winded I was and how outta shape. I recently looked at pictures of my heaviest weight and it completely floors me that I couldn't see it!!! Thank you for sharing your story, I still don't understand how I blinded myself, but it helps to know that I'm not the only one that's happened too.
MaryFran said…
There is only one thing I can say. AMAZING! You look awesome!
Carlos said…
great progress shots... you should be so proud of your success...
I can totally relate to not really realizing I was overweight and unhappy. A big congrats on how far you have come! Awesome pics!
Foodie McBody said…
You look fantastic. It shows how much happier and healthier you are. You know, I could TOTALLY RELATE to your post. When I was at my highest weight, I could not see it. I have a blog post about that, and my "before" pic. Every time I look at it, I can't really believe it. I was really in a lot of denial.

You've come a long way baby, and it's inspiring to me.

Popular Posts