Wow! I feel better now!

So, I worked out on my treadmill for almost 30 minutes. You can see from this picture that I DID run my butt off! Let me tell you all something, if you ever feel stressed, PLEASE go and workout to make yourself feel better! It's SO much better then eating something to feel better. That's exactly what I was thinking about while I was on my treadmill. How proud of myself I am that I'm getting my frustrations out in a more productive way then eating away my problems. It was a nice break from the kids too. Now I know that there's someone out there thinking that I'm a horrible mom to actually want to have some ME time. But hey! You have kids and then you'll understand what the heck I'm sayin'! LOL
Taking some ME time isn't a bad thing at all if you ask me. I feel like a better mom for taking better care of myself. That's the truth!



While I started out on my treadmill I like to ease into it so that I don't hurt myself. I started out doing the 2 setting for 1 minute then I gradually go up from there. I got up to the 3 setting. I was walking and I remember thinking "Wow! This is SO slow!" At one time I could HARDLY do the 3 setting! Isn't that crazy?! It's really amazing how sticking with something will gradually make you better. It's hard at first, but if you keep at it then the inevitable will happen! You'll get better! I got up to the 7 setting! And I was able to run that fast for probably about 5 minutes. I turned it down to the 6 setting and that felt like a good speed. I just can't believe how much better I am at running. I can actually say that I can run! I love how it makes me feel. One day I WILL achieve my goal of running a half marathon. I'm not sure when I'll accomplish that goal, but I know that if I just keep at it then I will be able to do it. What is more important though is that I KNOW that I can! Isn't that amazing? When I was at my heaviest weight, and if someone were to ask me if I wanted to run a half marathon, or run at all, I would have laughed in their face! I could barely walk back then. I had a negative mentality back then. These days I'm quite different. I am so much more positive. I have taken the word "CAN'T" out of my vocabulary, and I have replaced it with the word "WILL"! I love that! Don't you!

Comments

That is terrific! Everyone needs some ME time away from the kids; as moms, we can't be all things to everyone all the time - although, we sure do try!!!
Carlos said…
way to snap out of it!

Popular Posts