Awesome run!

I didn't have time to blog yesterday. I was having fun with friends and you know how that goes. Time goes by pretty fast when you get together with friends. Yesterday afternoon I went for a run and it was awesome! I started from my house, and I ran all the way to the gym that I go to. It's probably about 1.1 miles. Used their bathroom, and then off I went. I ran down 3 more blocks, and then ran all the way back to my house. The worst part of that run was that the two roads that lead back to my house are up hill. I was wearing my hat and I was really glad. It helped to not be able to see how far I had left to go. It was SO hard, but I got there. I felt SO proud of myself that I was able to run that far! When I got to the top of the hill, I looked down and could see the city. I realized that I had ran pretty dang far. I couldn't believe that I actually ran that far and I didn't die?! I was alive, I felt great! When I walked into my house, I collapsed onto the couch. My face felt like it was on fire, my whole body felt like it was on fire. I have to admit that I cried. Two reasons, Reason #1 I was pretty dang tired, and Reason #2 I was really proud of myself! The last time I ran that far I was in the Army which was years ago, back when I was in shape and felt great. It's exciting to me that I am now able to do things that I haven't been able to do for years! I can't believe what I'm about to type, but I actually consider myself a runner! (Did I just type that?) Yep! I sure did! I will get better and better and before I know it I will be accomplishing my goal of running a half marathon! Remember, it's not IF, it's WHEN!

Comments

JC said…
So glad you are back into running. I prefer walking, but maybe I am just being lazy. :) Keep it up!!!

Popular Posts