Great workout!

Today after I worked out at the gym for about 30 minutes, I decided to go for a run outside. Man it was such a nice day today! It was a tiny bit breezy, but sunny and warm. It was probably about 70 degrees. It was just too nice to not go outside today. I must have run about 3 miles? but I'm not sure exactly how far I ran because my pedometer's battery is dead. I really need to get another battery so that I can know just how far I am running. It's such a great feeling to be able to run. I still can't believe how much I like running. Back in the day when I was in the Army, I ran only because I had to run. I didn't particularly like to run, I only ran because I had to. Now I just have a lot of fun running, probably because it doesn't feel like a chore or something. I'm glad that I went and worked out this morning. I didn't totally feel like doing anything, I felt kind of tired, and I kept yawning. I'm glad I decided to just get over that dang tired feeling and go and work off some flab! Those first 10 minutes or so are truly the hardest to overcome, but once you get past that point then it's a lot easier to keep going.
Something strange happened to me yesterday when I was out running. I had been running on this trail and then I had looped back to the street. There were a lot of cars driving so I tried to be careful to stay on the side of the street. This one guy drove past me kind of fast then pulled over to the side of the road. The guy just sat there in his car and watched me. I ran past his car and said hello and just kept on running. All he did was smile at me and say hello back and then he drove away. It seemed to me like he was a little flirty or something. It was just a strange thing. I'm not used to people noticing me. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I strange to feel like this? LOL What a strange problem to have. LOL Not that I'm complaining. It's a nice thing to be noticed, but I'm just not that used to it. I was obese for years. I still sort of feel like that same obese person I used to be. That is until I look in the mirror and realize that I don't look like that at all. Body image is a strange thing. I'm still working on making my body image better, but I guess it's gonna take some time to do that.
At any rate, I love the way I feel and I will never go back to the way I was.

Comments

Popular Posts