I can't believe it!

This morning I was in Walmart to get some more diapers for my baby. I was walking past these very cute suit jackets that were hanging on this rack and I decided to try one of them on. It was a size 6, Guess what people?! IT FIT!!! It was a little tight in the chest area, but hey I was able to get it on and do up the first button! Yee Hah! I couldn't help but smile this BIG smile when I was hanging it back up. It felt great to be able to put on that size again! I remember that after I had lost about 15 pounds, that I was finally able to wear a Size 16/18 shirt with buttons down the front, but it was really kind of snug. I had to safety pin the front so that the shirt wouldn't pop open. Now I'm able to fit into a Size 6?! I can't believe it! I can't even believe that I can now even consider even trying on a Size 6 anything. It's crazy! So after trying on that jacket then I HAD to try on something else that was a Size 6. I found another jacket in a Size 6, but it fit a little differently. It was a little bit tighter then the other jacket, but I was still able to get it on. Why are sizes different from one garment to another? I don't understand that. Anyways, So I tried on this really cute skirt that was a Size 8. That fit too, and I could NOT believe that I was able to even try one something that size. This weight loss journey has sure been chalk full of ups and downs, and a couple plateaus, but over all it's been an awesome journey and one that I'm SO glad that I started. I shutter to think what I would be like today had I not started a healthier life one year ago. It's scary to think about that. Today as I was driving back from the gym, I saw a lady that I had met a little less then a year ago walking on the side walk. She was still as heavy as she was when I had met her. As I drove past her, I had this thought come to me. Had I not started doing the Weight Watchers program, I would still be at MY heaviest weight, and letting life pass me by. I was just existing in life, not really living it. I'm SO happy to say that I am living life, and having a great time doing it! I love that!

Comments

I am SO HAPPY for you! That is awesome. thanks for the inspiration!
Anonymous said…
That's wonderful!
Sunny said…
ooh, congrats on the smaller sizes! you've worked hard for it!!
Carlos said…
awesome clothes nsv!
Anonymous said…
A 6 at Walmart is like a 12 in the regular world. They cater their sizing to fat poor people.
Hey everyone thanks for your comments. Except for the Anonymous person that made that rather rude comment. I heard a hint of jealousy in that comment that you left on my blog. People like you are only jealous of other people that choose to do something positive with their life!

Popular Posts