Interesting response...

I love telling people about how much weight I've lost. It's taken a lot of work, dedication, and commitment to living a healthier lifestyle to be able to lose this much weight. I don't consider myself to be conceited about how much weight I've lost, but I'm certainly proud of what I've accomplished. The other day this lady asked me how much weight I've lost, and I told her with a proud tone to my voice that I've lost almost 40 pounds. (I still can't believe that I've lost that much weight! It's awesome!) Her reply to me was "How'd you do it?" I looked at her, and said "Weight Watchers! It's an awesome program!" She sort of looked away and said "Wow! That sounds like a commitment!" I remember thinking to myself that that was an interesting response. What do people think? That they can lose weight and then just go back to eating the unhealthy way? What would that accomplish? You'd just gain all the weight back and then some. Who wants to do that? I certainly don't. It took a lot of time and work to get this weight off, why would I want to go back to what I used to be?? I don't and I won't! I love how I feel, and I like the way I look. Living this life the healthy way is the only way to go, and I will never go back to how I used to be! Ever!

Comments

Unknown said…
yeah some people just dont get it. I get a lot of people telling me thats too expensive. My monthly WW pass fee comes out of my checking account each month and I dont care- dont think twice about it. Doesn't matter how long its gonna take me either. Im paying for it because I enjoy it, it works, and damn Im looking good! lol

:) Keep up the GREAT work Andrea!
JC said…
People say the darndest things! Being fit it a lifestyle change some people just don't realize that. Glad you are happy and enjoying life! You are an inspiration to others!!!!

Enjoy the long weekend! :)
Jennifer
Sunny said…
yes, weight loss is a lifetime commitment... at least it is if you want to keep the weight off.

Popular Posts