1 year ago....

This is what I looked like. I can't believe how much my body has changed from just 1 year ago. I remember exactly what it was like to be at my heaviest weight. I was miserable with the way my body was. If you asked me what part of my body I hated the most, I could not have picked out just one. I would have told you several things that bothered me. I hated my chin, I hated the way my arms never hung straight down at my sides, I hated the way my belly stuck out, I hated the way my butt stuck out, blah blah blah blah blah. I'm so glad that I took a step towards bettering my body shape, but more importantly my body image. It's nice to love myself again, and to like the way I look again. Something interesting that I'm watching right now is the Dr. Phil show. It's about Body Language and how people send mixed signals. When I was at my heaviest weight and feeling horrible about my body, I think my body language was horrible towards other people. It was like I pushed people away. I think that since I was so critical about myself, I was that way with other people. Maybe I was that way because I felt I had to protect myself emotionally. Like I had to put up an emotional wall to protect myself. I have been hurt emotionally by others at different times in my life. I'm sure there are other people out there that have experienced the same thing. I think in a way I still feel like I have to protect myself from others, but I am much more open to other people and my body language is more of a happy nature these days since I love myself more. I will never go back to my old self. I was so unhappy, and I was just existing in life instead of living life. I'm glad I've reversed that and that I'm living my life instead of just existing in it.
Which one are you choosing to do???

06/10/2008


06/15/2008


06/21/2009

Comments

Carlos said…
wow you look great... you should be so proud of what you've accomplished.
Blossom said…
That's amazing! That's a whole lotta inches!! I'm very happy for you!!

Popular Posts