A great cause!

Today was the Relay for Life event, and it was awesome! I was there for 3 hours with my kids. I wanted to stay longer to get some more good walking in, but my kids had had enough. Three hours is a pretty long time to walk around. Tonight there's going to be a Luminaria ceremony. My kids each decorated a luminaria bag for their Oma (that's grandma in German for anyone that is a little confused). My Mom passed away from Acute Leukemia over 20 years ago. I still can't believe it's been that long. My kids all did a beautiful job decorating those little bags! Even my little three year old made one with cute little scribbles, and stamps. I'm so proud of each one of them! I'm looking forward to going to the luminaria ceremony tonight.
I had my kids take a picture of me for the blog. When we got home, I looked in my computer and realized that I had some pictures from last years Relay for Life event. Look at these before and after pics. I think they're neat!

Taken on June 21, 2008



Taken today, the 27th of June, 2009




Taken June 21, 2008


Taken today on the 27th of June, 2009


There are some very subtle differences in these pictures. The first thing that comes to mind is that now I have only 1 chin, and I no longer have a double neck! I love that!
I love the Relay for Life. It's something great to be a part of, and we also get in some great exercise! I love that!

Comments

Carlos said…
great cause and great progress. way to give cancer the finger!

Popular Posts