Steppin' out of the box!

I just noticed something...Black, White, and Grey are the colors that have, and still do describe my ward robe! HOW DULL AND BORING IS THAT?! I am in need of color! Since I've officially lost 40 POINT 2 pounds, (and yes! The POINT 2 is VERY important by the way!), I believe it's time to start incorporating some color into my ward robe. I should have started doing that a long time ago! I am SO SICK of wearing colors that just help me to look BLAH when I really want to stand out and look VA VA VA VOOM! LOL I think colors would really help me to give some life to the clothes that I wear so they don't look so boring. Am I sounding strange? Has this happened to anyone else out there? Is there anyone out there who was, or you still are over weight, and all you wear is blah colors so that you just blend into the crowd? Well if you are, or have been like that then I know all about that! Look at my before and after (current) pics. Everything I was and still do wear is either black, white, or grey. I NEED A CHANGE PEOPLE! But I think I'm stuck in a rut and I seem to only think that those are the only colors that look good on me. What is wrong with my brain? I need to step out of my "box" and get a little uncomfortable with my style (or lack thereof) and find the Diva-licious babe that I was meant to be! Danget, it's just so hard to do that though! LOL But I'm willing to try. I'm sick of just blending into the crowd danget!
I am now on a mission to step out of my comfort zone. I believe that by doing this that I will really discover some other things about myself. My hair for instance. It's been long for YEARS. Ever since I can remember I've had long hair. People probably recognize me from my pony tail because that's always how I wear my hair. Well, except for Sundays when I wear it down. Then after church it always goes back up in that same old familiar pony tail. I think the reason I've had long hair for so many years is that I was trying to hide behind my hair. Let me explain. Since I can remember, I have had some kind of a weight problem. I remember thinking that if my hair was a certain length then I could sort of hide my fat chin when someone took a picture of me. I guess I thought that it would make me look better. I was kidding myself. I was in denial about my weight. I didn't really know exactly HOW over weight I was, I just knew that I had a weight problem. I gained the weight so slowly that I hardly noticed. Then one day I had this realization that I needed to do something about my weight. I realized how much I was truly unhappy about my weight and that it was time to do something about it. Now here I am 40 pounds lighter and I feel awesome! I love the way I feel, and also the way I look. It's like light and day when I compare the two. I've lost a lot of fat, but I've still got my long hair. I think it's time for a change! So ready or not! Here I come! Woo Hoo!

Comments

Martalu said…
I cannot wait to see it! And yes, color is your friend! I hang out with a bunch of heavy metal people, and they love that they are all in black while I'm in turquoise or hot pink! I love it too!
Blossom said…
Way to go on your weightloss so far!! Colour is great; not only does it look fabulous, it improves your mood also!

Popular Posts