Why?

That is the question that I am asking myself right now. WHY did I let myself become overweight? WHY was it acceptable to be like that when I knew that I was slowly killing myself with obesity. WHY??? Did I think that since the majority of the population of the United States was obese that it was okay to be that way? Did I think that it was just easier to be Obese because that way I didn't have to exercise and eat right since all that stuff is a pain in the butt to do and too expensive anyways? WHAT WAS I THINKING???? I look at pictures of the "old" me at my heaviest weight and I don't recognize myself. I mean, I know who that woman was in those pictures, but I don't recognize her attitude about life and health. The "old" me was out of shape, and my idea of exercise was bending over to pick up something off of the ground. Heck, sometimes I wouldn't even bend over to pick up anything. I would grab the object with my toes and then grasp it with my hand. That's how pathetic and out of shape I was. I LOVE that word "WAS". The reason is because that is a word that is used for the past-tenths. I WAS out of shape. Now? Well......... now I'm the exact opposite of how I used to be and I love that!

I had a great thing happen to me today. I took my kids to the playground to play and I did a flip off one of the monkey bars for the first time today! Yeah that's right, a flip! LOL Do you want to know when the last time was that I was able to do that??? I think the last time I was able to do any kind of flip off a bar was when I was in Elementary school! Wow! That was a LONGGGG time ago! I am an old lady! LOL When I was at my heaviest weight, I could barely hold my own body weight just hanging with my arms. Times are a changin' and my body is too along with it! I LOVE the new me and I will never, NEVER go back to what I used to be!

Comments

Martalu said…
Yay! LOVE IT!
"I look at pictures of the "old" me at my heaviest weight and I don't recognize myself. I mean, I know who that woman was in those pictures, but I don't recognize her attitude about life and health."

I could have written that! Congrats on realizing this and deciding to never go back!! Yay!!!

Popular Posts