I did it!

I can't believe it but I beat my time from yesterday's run! I went running today again. I started from my house, and ran to my gym which is about 1 mile. Used the bathroom, left and kept on running. When I got home, I looked at my pedometer, and I realized that I had ran a total of 4 miles and I did it in about the same time that it took me to run 3 miles yesterday! I can't believe that I did that! It's an amazing feeling! 4 miles seems SO long though and feels like it takes forever to run that far. You all have probably noticed that one of my goals is to run a half marathon. I think that's an awesome goal, and I really want to accomplish that one. I'm feeling frustrated though. If 4 miles feels like it takes forever to run, how in the world am I going to run 13.5 miles?! I know that I can do it though. I just need to keep on training my body, and I know that eventually I'll one day be able to run that far. I think I should give myself a break. I've come a long way from where I started when I started Weight Watchers. I remember what it was like that very first time I "ran" around a track. I could barely walk and I didn't even finish walking once around that track. My legs hurt so bad that I had to hobble back to my car. When I got home I cried on my husband's shoulder because I was in so much pain from "working out" and from being frustrated from not being able to exercise the way I thought I'd be able to. I remember thinking that I didn't think I was actually in that bad of shape. Boy was I wrong! I needed that wake up call to snap me into reality! Something that has changed my way of thinking also is that I sometimes ask myself if, god forbid, that if something horrible would happen to my family or someone I loved, and I needed to save them, would I have been able to save them when I was at my heaviest weight? I really don't think I had the physical strength or stamina when I was at my heaviest weight to be able to save someone. I would have not had the strength or endurance to be able to save someone. How horrible would that have been if I had to save someone, and I just couldn't because I was too fat?! I think that's a good question that we all should ask ourselves. It's something to think about.

So, I took a couple pictures of my pedometer today after I came back from my run. Check these pics out! I'm proud of them!








The next time I go out running, I want to try to beat 4 miles. I hope I can do it.

No, I KNOW I can do it!

Comments

How awesome for you. Half marathon here you!
JC said…
Girl, you are looking good! I'm so proud of you. Glad you are enjoying your workouts too. That always helps. I need to get back into the groove again. Keep it up!!
Gaylene said…
Sweet! You did great. So inspiring... now I need to get off my butt and go run!!
Martalu said…
Yay! That pedometer kicks ass! I think you are doing a great job. I'm SO proud of you!

Popular Posts