I love this thing!

I went running again today. I'm SO proud of myself! I did a total of 6,634 steps today when I went out running, I ran 3.09 miles, and I burned 292 calories! Woo Hoo! It's neat to be able to see how far I've been running. I have a Weight Watcher's pedometer, but I think it's broken. I put a new battery in it and all it does it display my weight. I got rid of it. I've been wanting a pedometer for a while, but I was gonna wait till next month to get one. My sweetheart of a husband knew I wanted one and went out and bought me this one! I thought that was really sweet of him to do that for me. I like this one a lot more then my Weight Watcher's pedometer because it's on my wrist and it's a lot more convenient to look at my wrist when I'm running then to look all the way down to my waist and try to see past my big ole' boobs! LOL It's a lot better. I of course had to take a couple pictures of my watch/pedometer to show you all. Look for yourself!


This is the number of steps I did when I went out running. I should wear my pedometer for the whole day just so I can see how many steps I'm doing throughout the day. I've heard that 10,000 steps a day is a good number to shoot for. It'll be interesting to see how many I actually do during the day.




This is how far I ran. Woo Hoo! What's interesting is that when I got back home from my run, I looked at my watch to see how far I ran, I saw that I ran 3 miles, and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "That's it!" LOL It felt like I ran a lot farther then that. It might not be much but I'm proud of my 3 miles!




This is how many calories I burned. I'm not sure what 1:23:37 means. I just got this thing yesterday and I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm loving this thing though. Something that's interesting to me is that it's really hard to burn off a few hundred calories, but it's sure dang easy to eat that many! I'm proud of these few calories that I burned! It wasn't easy. In fact when I got home and walked into my house, I just collapsed to the floor. I was one pooped momma, but I was sure proud of myself that I got out of the house and got a good workout done for the day!



Something that I want to share. About 2 weeks ago, I was just going to take a day off from the exercise thing. 1 day off turned into 2 days off. 2 days off turned into 2 weeks off! I don't know what happened. Things just came up and I guess I put my exercise on Low Priority. I missed it though, don't get me wrong. I felt a little guilty also for taking that hour for myself to workout. I've realized something. It's not a selfish thing to want to take time for yourself. In fact, I'm doing not only something positive for myself, but for my family as well. I feel that I'm a better mom for taking that 1 hour for myself each day. I'm better emotionally, I'm better physically, and I love myself more these days and that's a great thing if you ask me!

Comments

That's great, Andrea!

I have a HR monitor that I was using for a bit, but then it made me crazy! I would find myself getting disappointed when I hadn't burned as many calories as I thought I should have! I liked it better when I "thought" I was burning more ;P
Unknown said…
good for you! Amazing that you ran for 3 miles! Very impressive! :)
Liz said…
Good job on the run and for realizing the time you need for you :)
Joania said…
WOW!! YOU RAN 3 MILES!!!! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Popular Posts