I'm half way there!

So one of my goals is to run a half marathon. It might take me a while to accomplish that goal, but I'll get there one day. Today I completed half that distance and I'm a little closer to reaching that goal! I ran 6 miles today! Here's a picture that I took of my pedometer because, well, just because! And why not take a picture right?! See for yourselves!



When I was out on my run, I realized that I felt really good. I realized that running is really getting easier the more I do it. Especially the hills. I'm slowly but surely getting better. It's not easy. There are days that instead of driving to the gym, I run there. My gym isn't just a little ways away, it's a little over a mile to be exact. When I'm out running, I look at the vehicles driving past me on the street, and I wonder "WHAT am I DOING out here? I have a perfectly good vehicle at home that I could be driving to the gym!" Then I snap to my senses and realize that not only am I saving gas, but I'm saving my life in the process! How do you all think I got fat to begin with?! I sat around for WAY too long eating WAY too much garbage that my body just didn't need! Sure it tasted good at the moment, but I sure paid for it in the long run! My self-confidence suffered, among other things. My butt sure suffered in the long run too that's for sure! LOL Thank goodness I came to my senses and got on the road to being a healthier me again. I hate to think about what I would be like now had I not started the Weight Watchers program 1 year and 4 months ago! It's scares me! I think in a way I'm scared to stop living this healthy life style because I might gain back the weight I lost. I don't want to be obese again. EVER! I won't get obsessive about things and go over board and become anorexic or bulimic or anything. I've realized that there is a balance, and that's how I will keep my weight off. I'm determined to keep this healthy body that I've worked so hard for! Plus, I love the way clothes fit me now, why in the heck would I want to go back just so I can eat junk again?? My way of thinking has changed and I love that! I will never go back to how I used to be! This journey hasn't been easy, and at times it has seemed like life was sabotaging all my efforts to become healthy. But I stuck to the plan of eating right, and trying to move more. I took baby step upon baby step, and look where I am today. I'm half way to accomplishing my dream of wanting to run a half marathon! I can't believe it! So, if there's anyone out there that has thoughts of self-doubt, and you think that you are just a failure and that you should just give up before you start because you have too much weight to lose, or a goal seems way too hard to accomplish, remember, if you want something bad enough, you WILL find a way to get there because you ARE worth the effort it takes to get there! Remember that!!!

Comments

Awesome Andrea! You are doing so good- I am so proud of you!

Popular Posts