Look at us!!

My husband and I took our kids to the park the other day to this playground. There was this fun rock structure there, so my daughter and I climbed up on it and my husband took our picture. Look at us!









I would have never even considered doing that when I was at my heaviest weight. It would've been too hard to get myself up there. It's amazing what you are able to do as a person when you lose the dang fat! (I love that phrase by the way! It's just so fitting! LOL)
After that, we went over to the bars. My daughter has been trying to teach me to this flip off those bars. For the first time in a very long time I was able to do a flip off the bars! I couldn't believe that I did it! It was fun, and we laughed about it after wards!

I thought that I would list a bunch of things that I can do so much easier now, also things that have changed since I lost 41.8 pounds. Let's see how many I can list. Here goes:
  1. I can walk without getting winded
  2. I can run! I love that I don't dread having to run.
  3. I can get up off the floor much easier
  4. I look forward to doing exercise instead of hating it.
  5. I can get my wedding ring on much easier now that I've lost the weight. How neat that my fingers have lost weight! LOL
  6. I love that I will have to buy a smaller belt soon because my old one is WAY too long!
  7. People notice me more and I don't feel invisible. I love that feeling!
  8. Since my kids won a bike, I am now able to give them bike rides for a long time with out becoming exhausted, and I can bend over to reach the handle bars without feeling like I'm suffocating. LOL
  9. I get up off my butt when I want or need something instead of always asking someone to do it for me.
  10. I am proud of myself for what I've accomplished during the years of 2008 & 2009, and I'm proud that I stuck my resolution to lose my unwanted weight for good!

Wow! That felt great! I think that listing things that are positive about myself is so much better then just focusing on things that I still have to improve on, or negative things, etc...

Try it. Try listing 10 positive things about yourself and I bet you that you'll feel a sense of pride and accomplishment!

Comments

Miz said…
I LOVE THIS POST
the picture
your list.

all things I do for my health I now do for my daughter.

To be here for her.
To model behaviors for her.
so I can PLAYPLAY with her as well.

Miz.
Christine said…
I love your list and wow your before and now face picture! Holy toledo! That is awesome. Keep up the good work.
Chris
Martalu said…
Wonderful! I loved reading this so much!

Popular Posts