A Quote I love!

I thought this quote was so beautiful and I wanted to add it to my blog so I'll have it forever. Here it is:

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

Tell me that you're not inspired by that quote! It's awesome and it was spoken by the man that was probably the best runner ever! How awesome that I now live in his hometown!!

Another awesome that I love quoted from Prefontain:

"You have to be dedicated because you're the only person that can do the work. No one else can do it for you."

This quote was scanned from original notes by Steve Prefontaine to deliver the keynote address at a banquet held in Eugene, Oregon in November, 1974. The banquet was held the night prior to the 1974 National Junior College Cross Country Championships. The notes are in Pre's own handwriting and give an excellent incite as to Steve's thoughts about the sport of cross country running.

Comments

Joania said…
I absolutely love this quote...my goodness, it's soooooo true!! thank you for this!!

Keep up the great work! :)
Unknown said…
I love a good quote-and that is a great one! :)

Popular Posts