"RESULTS NOT TYPICAL"

I guess there's a legal reason why that phrase has to be included when a company is trying to market it's product, but it's a deceiving little phrase, isn't it? Years ago when I saw those words when I was looking into different weight loss programs like "6-week body makeover", LA Weight-Loss", "Xenadrine", and other crazy programs out there, I would be all psyched to do the program, then I'd see that nasty little phrase "RESULTS NOT TYPICAL" and then I'd think to myself "That program probably doesn't work. Otherwise why would they put those words at the bottom of their product?" I was too fast to decide that the program must not work at all, and then I'd go back to eating poorly. I had failed to realize something important. It's not the "program" that doesn't work. It's US! We are the determining factor on how much or how little we will succeed on which ever program we decide to join. Weight Watchers has taught me how to eat healthier, and how to move more. It's also taught me to think about the different things that I take into my body.

Today I was reading some of the Weight Watchers success stories on their website. I noticed that on the bottom of the screen on every single story, there are those familiar words "RESULTS NOT TYPICAL".

Let me just say right now that I'm happy to have proved to myself that those words only apply to people who don't apply themselves!

Comments

julie said…
You don't know me, but I am a friend of Heidi Brady's. I am on Weight Watchers too and have been since February of 2008. I agree with you when you say that it is US that make the results "not typical". I have fought my weight my entire life and I think that I always will. I love the Weight Watcher program. It's made a huge difference in my life. You are an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing your progress, it keeps me going.
Carlos said…
so true... you are anything BUT typical

Popular Posts