Run-Tastic!

That's a word that I borrowed from Tony-The Anti-Jared. I love that word! Today I went for a run as usual. I did 5.17 miles and I felt so good. Although I was really glad to be home after I was done. I live on this hill, so that's the hardest part of my run that still kills me. Today and so many other times I've wanted to call my husband to come get me and bring me home, but I never call him. I just keep going until I get there by my own two feet. Every time I see the hill I still have to go up, I cringe, but it's so worth it.
I have been running so much that I've been neglecting doing strength training. I need to start doing some kind of weight-bearing exercise every day, or at least every other day to get my muscles more toned. Running helps with cardio, but I think I could really start seeing a difference in my body if I did that. Plus it might help me to get over this plateau that seems to be hovering. Although I lost 1 pounds last week, I would love to see more. Maybe I'm not at a true plateau though if I lost a pound. I know that I could be eating a little better. I eat relatively healthily, but I know I could be doing better. I've got a big bowl of oranges in my kitchen that I could be eating, but for some stupid reason I keep wanting chips. I think I eat a balanced diet, but I could be doing better.
I'm gonna make a conscious habit to eat more fruits and vegetables, drink more water and milk and eat less sugar. No wonder I haven't been losing weight, I'm sabotaging myself! How dumb is that?!
All I can do is try to do better and take one day at a time.

Comments

Losing it said…
you can do it! Great running, I am so not a runner...I walk at an incline at about 4.1, but running kills me!
Weights are important, I know sometimes it's hard, I like cardio because you see the calories burned weights you don't...so that can be hard, but I love lifting. Have fun!

Popular Posts