That was strange

I went out today for a run. Before I even left the house I made sure to start my pedometer counter so I could see how far I would go. My goal for today was to see of I could do more then 6 miles. I remember looking at my watch and it said that I had gone about 1 1/2 miles. I got to my gym, and was going to use the bathroom. I pushed one of the buttons on my pedometer and then it erased how far I ran, how many steps I did, it erased everything. I discovered that I accidentally restarted it to the default setting and I had to reprogram everything back into it. I decided not to worry about it, and I just did a little workout at the gym, then left to do some more running. I ran for a total of 2 hours, so I think I might have beaten my 6 miles from before, but I'm not sure since I reset my dumb pedometer. I'm annoyed with myself. Next time I think I'll leave the buttons alone so I don't do it again. It was a nice day today.

So, as for my title, something strange happened today as I was out running. I was running past Wendy's, and this older guy carrying a bag was walking in the opposite direction. He looked a little creepy so I tried to run faster as I was passing him. As I ran past this guy, I heard him say "Nice....." in a slow kind of creepy older guy kind of way! I was a little creeped out and then I tried to run even faster so I could get away from the guy. LOL It was strange moment, and I'm not sure if I should feel flattered, or what?! LOL There are a few people around town that are a little on the shady side, so I'm really aware of my surroundings when I'm out exercising. I also carry my cell phone just in case if something happens, and I either need to call my husband, or if he needs to call me. It just makes me feel safer when I'm out alone.

I was looking through this binder that I put together 1 1/2 years ago. I put a whole bunch of helpful things in it that would be helpful to my weight loss, and other motivational things. It's been a good place to go to get more inspiration as I've gone a long. I was looking through the pages and I found a page that I had written with several helpful tips. I wanted to share them with you all. Here they are:


  1. Workout for Long-Term success
  2. Do short intense workouts for great results
  3. When running, walking, or cycling, move faster OR make the incline steeper. Doing this will help to amp up your results, and to shock your body out of it's comfort zone
  4. Have several small meals so that your blood sugar doesn't have a chance to dip
  5. Eating High Calcium foods + High Fiber foods + Low Sugar foods + Low Sodium foods = Awesome Healthy body!
  6. Don't be overwhelmed by how many BIG changes you think you have to make to lose weight. Just by making little changes you CAN & WILL see BIG PAYOFFS!
  7. Exercise for 30 minutes 5 times a week to prevent Heart Disease; Do 60 minutes 5 times a week for weight loss.
  8. Eat at least 9 servings of produce a day to make sure your body is getting all the Fiber and Nutrients it needs.
  9. Remember this acronym when you are having a week moment: S.W.O.T. S is for Strengths; W is for Weaknesses; O is for Opportunities; T is for Threats. Being able to identify your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities to make healthy choices, and Threats that would hold you back from success will really help you to identify your areas that need to be improved on. The S.W.O.T. strategy helps you to be ore aware of what you'll need to succeed. Identify YOUR S.W.O.T. so you can know where your weaknesses and strengths are so you can become stronger and achieve your goal!
  10. Instead off looking at or focusing on negative things you still have to improve on, stand in front of a mirror and say, out loud, some positive things about yourself that you can do or something that you like about yourself or body. That will boost your weight loss resolve!
  11. Rotate foods for your palate. Identify 3 foods you DON'T like. Resolve to buy and cook each of them within the next month. Re-Introduce them in ways you may not have tried before may also help. Doing this will help you not to become bored with what you're eating.
  12. Identify your A.I.M. A is for Aspiration; I is for Inspiration; M is for Motivation.
  13. Praise yourself for your accomplishments no matter how small. They will all add up in the end!
  14. Use social networking for more then just reconnecting. Post about weight loss updates online and document your weight loss with pictures. The accountability will keep you honest.
  15. As you track what you eat, also jot down your emotions and thoughts. When you journal this way it turns journaling from a chore into a creative task that you'll look forward to.
  16. Use a cute notebook and a special pen. Doing that will give you more incentive to express your thoughts, and to track your weight loss success.
  17. Make a list of 3 different activities that you love doing. After each activity, write a plan for getting started and a will-do date. Doing this will keep you motivated to keep moving.
  18. Instead of obsessing about what you CAN'T eat, flip your thinking and embrace healthy eating as a game.
  19. Try a new vegetable each night of the week. Try to think about the new healthy foods you CAN eat!
  20. DON'T snack during commercials; DO have a non-food substitute ready when commercials come on to keep you busy. DON'T shop when hungry; DO plan ahead. Eat BEFORE you shop to avoid the junk!
  21. Identify and write on paper the goals that you want to achieve. Then identify your reasons you want to change. Write down some different goals whether physical, or fitness, or both, that you want to achieve. Identify things that will keep you from achieving your different goals, then list how you WILL overcome them. Read what you have written first thing in the morning and again at night until you reach your goal weight.
  22. The ONLY WAY to strip away the fat is to strip away the excuses!
  23. You move, you lose! The more you move-in very subtle ways-the more calories your body will burn throughout the day. Find an excuse to move your muscles where ever you are. Examples might be to clear the dishes, walk in circles while you're on the phone. Take every opportunity to move around, and you'll give your body subtle metabolism boosters that may just have more-then-subtle effects!

And last but not least....

24. Realize that you are worth the effort that it takes to achieve your goals!

Comments

Stacey said…
Wow, what a great post! We could all learn from this one.

Popular Posts