Almost there!

Today was such a beautiful day! It was the first day of school here, so I brought my kids to school, then brought my baby with me and met two friends at the park and went walking. I think we walked for about 35 minutes. It was nice to get out and walk and talk and just get out of the house for a while. I got a nice little workout from that walk too. It was a light walk, but when I got home, I looked in the mirror and realized that I had sweat on my shirt. Walking might not seem like a workout, but it sure is. I think walking is one of the best ways to work out.
After my walk with friends, I brought my baby home, then went out for a run. I just felt like I wanted to do more exercise for today. I went out for a run. I really wanted to try to just see how far I could go. So, off I went.

I did a total of 5.66 miles...



it took me (with walking a few times to breath and a bathroom break) 1 hour 59 minutes. I burned 548 calories...



and I did 11,566 steps.



I'm so proud of myself that I was able to go that far, but in a way I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't, or maybe couldn't go farther. It's not the running. I love to run, and I feel really good when I do run. It's the breathing that is difficult for me. I had a hard time some of the time trying to catch my breath while I was running and that's why I had to slow down to a walk, then after a minute I'd start running again. I need to try to figure out how to get into a rhythm when I'm running. Having an MP3 player definitely helps me to keep my mind busy so I don't focus on the pain I might feel. I'm a little frustrated, but I'm sure I'll get better with time. I don't care how much pain I go through, or how long it takes me to accomplish my goal of wanting to do a half marathon, I'll eventually get there.
Here's a little inspirational story I found while looking around the Internet for some more inspirational quotes. I wanted to share it with everyone:
"Climb The Mountain"
I tried to climb the mountain today. As I inched my way up the path, I felt out of breath and had to turn back.I tried to climb the mountain today. But, It was so hot outside, I thought I had better stay in my nice air-conditioned house and rest up for tomorrow's attempt.I tried to climb the mountain today. On my journey, darkness started to fall and I was full of fear, so I had to return to a safe place.I was ready to climb the mountain today. But I had so may other things to do, so instead of climbing the mountain I took care of the much more important tasks; I washed my car, mowed the grass and watched the big game. Today the mountain will have to wait.I was going to climb the mountain today. But as I stared at the mountain in all it's majestic beauty, I knew I had no chance of making it to the top, so I figured why even begin trying.I had forgotten about climbing the mountain today, until an old friend came by and asked what I was up to lately. I told him about all my plans to climb that mountain someday. I went on and on about how I was going to accomplish the task.He stopped me and said, "I just got back from climbing that mountain. for the longest time I told myself I was going to try to climb it but never made any progress.""I almost let the dream of making it to the top die. I came up with every excuse of why I could not make it up the mountain, but never once did I give myself a reason why I could. One day as I stared at the mountain and pondered, I realized that if I didn't make an attempt at this dream all my dreams would eventually die."" The next morning, I started my climb. It was not easy, and at times I wanted to quit. But no matter what I faced, I placed one foot in front of the other, keeping a steady pace. When the wind tried to blow me over the edge, I kept walking. When the voices inside my head screamed, stop! I focused on my goal, never letting it out of sight. I kept moving forward. I could not quit because I knew I had come too far to stop now. Time and time again, I reassured myself that I was going to finish this journey. I struggled mightily to make it to the top, but I CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN.""I have to be going," my friend said. "Tomorrow is a new day to accomplish more dreams. By the way what are you going to do tomorrow?"I looked at him, with intensity and confidence in my eyes, and said, "I HAVE A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB."
Author unknown
I'm so glad I found this story. It describes exactly the way I feel!

Comments

Popular Posts